Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Fender Installation Review

Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Fender Installation Review

So far I am kicking myself in the ass SO FAR for getting these fenders. Yes I realize it is fiberglass and yes I do realize nothing is perfect.

I stopped by half a dozen body shops and 1 off-road shop. Here is the cost breakdown:

Fenders Retail: $400
Install Estimates: 8-10 hours on the conservative side with an hourly rate 0f 60-100 an hour (100 for the off-road shop).

I though 8-10 hours was ridiculous so I called the company and asked them if those estimates sounded normal...they said yes.

So thus far I am spending more installing the fenders than what their cost is. Maybe its just me and the weather here is Arizona, since its getting hot, but I don't understand how fitting fenders can be so much.

It may seem like I am bad mouthing any fenders but what I am trying to get across in this post is:
Whoever buys fenders, be prepared to pay just as much for fitting as you did for buying them. Have the money set aside and be prepared!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
thats crazy! what kind of fenders are they? my buddy and i put fenders on his f150 in a little over an hour with some sanding. i know its a f150 and not a Tacoma, but still...
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a Dremel and a couple of cases of beer and make a weekend of it. The front fenders took me about an afternoon per side the first time through. Second time around I knocked each side out in about 2 hours.

Bedsides go much faster.

It's not rocket science. Save yourself some cash and do it yourself.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mj I do not think I have the patience in me to do something like this unfortunately. I'm so frustrated with them as it is I don't want anything to do with them, I would probably rip them off and run with out fenders, burn them after running them over 1000000 x times lol
Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Sell 'em to me. I could always use a spare set.

The installation really is as time consuming as people say. The beer definitely helps!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
So far I am kicking myself in the ass SO FAR for getting these fenders. Yes I realize it is fiberglass and yes I do realize nothing is perfect.

I stopped by half a dozen body shops and 1 off-road shop. Here is the cost breakdown:

Fenders Retail: $400
Install Estimates: 8-10 hours on the conservative side with an hourly rate 0f 60-100 an hour (100 for the off-road shop).

I though 8-10 hours was ridiculous so I called the company and asked them if those estimates sounded normal...they said yes.

So thus far I am spending more installing the fenders than what their cost is. Maybe its just me and the weather here is Arizona, since its getting hot, but I don't understand how fitting fenders can be so much.

It may seem like I am bad mouthing any fenders but what I am trying to get across in this post is:
Whoever buys fenders, be prepared to pay just as much for fitting as you did for buying them. Have the money set aside and be prepared!
call chris,i bet he will put them on for a box of klondike bars