Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Eagle Eyes Halo Projector Headlights (2006 Tacoma)

Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #21
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Maybe I'm different, but why would you want to put angel eyes on your tacoma? Angel eyes are from German auto decent, specifically from BMW. With that said why would you want to make your Tacoma look like a BMW?

To me it doesn't make any sense! FWIW, "angel eyes" are used in Germany and other countries near or at dusk when vehicles pass through the town, so headlights don't blind people on the crowded streets.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

We don't want our Taco's to look like BMWs... I put mine on:
  • Because I can.
  • Because I think it looks cool.
  • Because the projectors are a lot better than the stock lights with regards to brightness and with regards to the beam path.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #22
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bulbs are used the the headlight?

Is is still an H4?

Also, are the low and high beams separate?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #23
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Those pictures look amazing!!! Best pics of the halos IMO. I really want to get those on my truck when I get it. First mod! lol
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #24
nickbroaddus has a spectacular aura aboutnickbroaddus has a spectacular aura aboutnickbroaddus has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: AMT3/ H-65 Flight mech
nickbroaddus's Tacoma Gallery
i installed the other halos same as the linked ones from amazon and i cant get the halos to work. did yours come with a harness or were they just unconnected wires like mine?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #25
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Actually that is just the opposite your HID lights will produce less heat and use less juice.
Oh I thought the HID's produced more heat? But they produce less heat then regular halogen bulbs?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #26
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery
That's not right. HIDs definitely produce more heat than halogen. I would say you are right about not using as much power, but that's only if you use a HID kit less than 50W, since regular halogen bulbs run at 50-55W.

If you don't believe me, put your finger on each one from a cold start and tell me which one burns your finger faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Actually that is just the opposite your HID lights will produce less heat and use less juice.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 AM   #28
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
hows the brightness of these lights?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #29
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaroyota View Post
Quick shot of mine.

looks fantastic man.

i really like it with the black fenders too.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #30
jaroyota is on a distinguished road

jaroyota's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think the lighting is about the same but more directed and focused. I feel it's an improvement over the stock ones. And, we all know, most of us add these lights for the angel eyes anyway.

A little feedback on mine. Bought from Revotec via ebay. Once installed, about a week later, one of the led's in the left light went out. E-mailed Revotec and they had Eagle Eye issue a RMA immediately. A couple days later, a new headlamp showed up at the house. Great customer service!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #31
Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication
Mr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the rough

Mr Wiggles's Tacoma Gallery
They look great!

How is the beam path at night? I am really spoiled from the HID's in our 09 Acura and when the Taco gets here, that is one of the first mods i want to do is the headlights.

I still don't understand why HID's have not caught on in the truck market? You can get a Titan or a Tundra with all kinds of fancy shit like DVD, etc, but no HIDs???
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #32
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery
What type of Acura?

Are you going to do a projector retrofit?

It will be a big step down what what you are accustomed to if you get some after projector headlights. The cutoff is no where near that of a Acura TL projector or TSX projector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wiggles View Post
They look great!

How is the beam path at night? I am really spoiled from the HID's in our 09 Acura and when the Taco gets here, that is one of the first mods i want to do is the headlights.

I still don't understand why HID's have not caught on in the truck market? You can get a Titan or a Tundra with all kinds of fancy shit like DVD, etc, but no HIDs???
Old 02-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #33
Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication
Mr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the rough

Mr Wiggles's Tacoma Gallery
It's an 09 TSX. So sharp, so bright, and smooth. Yum!

I know a guy in town that's done a few HID retrofits, he did his honda fit using TSX HID's and it turned out great. Looks factory and shines almost as nicely as my acura. I am going to see if he can do the Taco, but these projecters interest me too.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #34
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone fixed the fogging issue with these?

I am going to an area next year that has vast temperature ranges and would like to get it fixed before going out there.

If you haven't fixed it or don't own the lights but have ideas on how to fix it and could give detailed instructions on how to do it that would be nice as well.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #35
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just put mine in, and I live in Florida, where is it always humid.

I get a little fogging in the bottom corner of the light, but it always goes away when I run the lights.

That's about the only fix I can think of. Just run them.

Besides sealing every hole with some silicon or something.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #36
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
I just put mine in, and I live in Florida, where is it always humid.

I get a little fogging in the bottom corner of the light, but it always goes away when I run the lights.

That's about the only fix I can think of. Just run them.

Besides sealing every hole with some silicon or something.
Yea that's what I have been doing is running them. So sealing every hole would be the solution?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #38
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Yea that's what I have been doing is running them. So sealing every hole would be the solution?
I couldn't really tell you.

I don't know enough about it.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #39
Dizzle is on a distinguished road
Dizzle's Tacoma Gallery
just get a drill with a small drill bit and drill a hole at the very bottom or somerwhere not visible and youlle never have any issues again.. i know because the same thing happened to me.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #40
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
just get a drill with a small drill bit and drill a hole at the very bottom or somerwhere not visible and youlle never have any issues again.. i know because the same thing happened to me.
OHHHH I like where this is going. Can you maybe take a picture? Also what size drill bit did you use?