Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Eagle Eyes Halo Projector Headlights (2006 Tacoma)

Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #41
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
They are working great!! I love them!! Be careful when adding HID - I heard that the heat produced by HID was too hot for the plastic and might melt the backing... I got them from that website - I think for $277 to my door. I have seen some as high as 400+, so shop around for sure!
What website did you get them from?
Old 03-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #42
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
What website did you get them from?
Get them from ebay.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #43
BlueTRD09 is on a distinguished road

Navy: MMIRRG Officer
Name: Jimmy
BlueTRD09's Tacoma Gallery
Water inside of headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
just get a drill with a small drill bit and drill a hole at the very bottom or somerwhere not visible and youlle never have any issues again.. i know because the same thing happened to me.
Dizzle, do you have any issues with water getting into the headlight after driving through puddles or driving in the rain?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #44
indigotacoma07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
indigotacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
just get a drill with a small drill bit and drill a hole at the very bottom or somerwhere not visible and youlle never have any issues again.. i know because the same thing happened to me.
I did the same thing to mine and I also have not had this problem again.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #45
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigotacoma07 View Post
I did the same thing to mine and I also have not had this problem again.
did you drill the side and bottom hole? I only drilled the side hole through the clear lens and I still am having the problem.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #46
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are you saying to drill a hole in the backing, or in the front part?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #47
audi2000 has a spectacular aura aboutaudi2000 has a spectacular aura aboutaudi2000 has a spectacular aura about
audi2000's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 2006 TRD 6spd. The LED in one headlamp is out. Is there a way to replace/repair?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #48
Mikeymyk11 is on a distinguished road
Mikeymyk11's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Socalax91. How is the brightness on your lights? And on the bottom of yours.. Is that for the blinker??
Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #49
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeymyk11 View Post
Hey Socalax91. How is the brightness on your lights? And on the bottom of yours.. Is that for the blinker??
They are bright in my opinion. The bottom is always on not just with the blinker.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
They are bright in my opinion. The bottom is always on not just with the blinker.
Oh Okay they look purple! Looks cool. Debating on which style I like better for Halos.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #51
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
What kind of bulbs are used the the headlight?

Is is still an H4?

Also, are the low and high beams separate?
Can anyone who has these lights answer this question?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #52
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingrbredman View Post
Can anyone who has these lights answer this question?
H4 is combo hi/lo bulb. These are seperate hi/lo beams. Lemme check on exactly what they are...........
Old 07-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #53
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
H4 is combo hi/lo bulb. These are seperate hi/lo beams. Lemme check on exactly what they are...........
I think my lights use...

H3 in the low beam
H1 in the high beam
Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #54
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Thumbs up

Got mine in.

Very bright. The path for the brights is a bit narrow and it takes some getting used to from stock to these. I also now have Blinglights white Halo foglamps shown with all Halos on in the first pic. I did a review on those under the Lighting category. Bought my headlamps from K2motor.com very fast shipping easy to install, no fogging.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #55
Looks awesome!!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #56
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
Got mine in.

Very bright. The path for the brights is a bit narrow and it takes some getting used to from stock to these. I also now have Blinglights white Halo foglamps shown with all Halos on in the first pic. I did a review on those under the Lighting category. Bought my headlamps from K2motor.com very fast shipping easy to install, no fogging.
DUDE SICK!!!!!!!! Love the fogs too.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #57
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
DUDE SICK!!!!!!!! Love the fogs too.
Thanks really the Halos are really really dim. I dunno how to make them brighter. Definitely not CCFL's. But the driving lights part are insanely bright. I may, when i get my grille, move them to behind the grille and reinsert my stock fogs. also.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #58
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
Thanks really the Halos are really really dim. I dunno how to make them brighter. Definitely not CCFL's. But the driving lights part are insanely bright. I may, when i get my grille, move them to behind the grille and reinsert my stock fogs. also.

The headlights are CCFL's though right?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #59
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeymyk11 View Post
The headlights are CCFL's though right?
Absolutely! The Halos are so bright that my camera cant focus on them from more than 2 feet away.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #60
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Good day!

Hey TW members... It's been a while since I've been on here. Been REALLY busy with work and all... And I am starting a DJ apprenticeship, so Iíve been busy with that tooÖ Just wanted to update everyone on my lights.

Last night when going home, I had a bulb go out... And FYI, unless you have a REALLY short screwdriver - you'll have to take the grill out and the light assembly housing out of the front of the truck to replace the bulb. As a matter of fact - I'd recommend it since the bulb itself is held in by a metal wire clip that is screwed down into the housing with two short screws and a small piece of metal...

The good news that it will not come out when driving - but bad news when you have to change it - and quite different than standard Taco bulbs.

Anyway, heads-up on that. I think I picked up Sylvannia H7 bulbs... which ran 14.99 each. Iíll try to pull and post the number later.

Was a pain in the ass - but got it done in under an hour.