Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

RCV Performance Axles

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
RCV Performance Axles

Anybody using RCV aftermarket axles? I've heard a lot of talk about them but don't know anybody using them.

If my axles or CVs break, would these completely eliminate any future similar problems?

By having stronger axles, will that cause something else to break under high stress? If so what would that be?

Ultimate IFS Custom CV axle set:
Old 03-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I doubt you will be breaking the stock axles.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Most people break them when running huge tires or when they are bouncing around trying to climb something extremely steep with the wheel turned to full lock and full throttle applied. Yes your angles are worse do to the lift but that will just destroy the boot if the ribs are touching.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
well if I break my shit, I'm coming after you
Lol. If you are doing serious wheeling then get them. I don't ever think I will ever break my CVs but I stick to easy/moderate stuff. If I decide to go with the ICON extended travel coilovers I would get the RCV axles for the extra CV angles you can get with them.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Banned
Yup. The driver axleshaft is connected directly to the gears. You could pull axleshafts so you can drive off of the trail but you would have to leave the stubs in the spindles.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
A good point was brought up to me after I locked my front end and was looking for a stronger front axle.

Right now my weak point is my front CV axles ($70 part). If I upgrade to bullet proof axles then my weak point will now be my front ring gear ($800 part) plus you can't change a ring gear on the trail, you can change a CV in about an hour.

You can buy a lot of spares for the price of those bullet proof axles. Just something to think about.
yeah good point, and that's what I think the OP was looking for...
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #12
TacomaTRD4x402 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rene
TacomaTRD4x402's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a really old thread but was hoping someone might be able to chime in a bit here. I'm lookin at soon rebuilding both my cv's.
Am I understanding correctly when you guys are talking about these rcv axles...Since they allow for 'extra cv angles" would I be able to crank my coilovers a bit higher than they currently are without worry?