First let me preface my review with the following: I found my way to the HH cover after a horrible experience with the Extang Solid Fold cover. The Solid Fold is very poorly crafted. The Quality Control from the factory is abysmal. I actually went through 4 returns before giving up and landing on the Hard Hat. Every single Solid Fold cover had one or a combination of scratches, dents, glue residue, wrong seals, and broken hinges. Not to mention the cover leaks unacceptably.
Now to the review, I wanted a hard tri-fold cover that was easy on/off and required zero modification to the bed or factory rail system. I have a 2011 double cab, SR5 w/ long bed. The Hard Hat is the only thing I found that meets these requirements. A few bullets....
- the cover arrived in adequate packaging in contrast to the Extang Solid Fold
- the instructions are very clear
- the size/fit and finish is absolutely perfect
- I was able to mount the cover in < 5 minutes with zero modification to the bed or railing system
- the cover mounts with 4 clamps that are genious
- the cover is gorgeous, it is very solid with a heavy vinyl covering and is 1/2 the thickness of the Solid Fold
- the vinyl cover protects the hinges (you cannot even see them) and hangs out over the edges of solid structure thus increasing water resistance.
- the cover is much lighter than the Solid Fold
- and last but not least, the Hard Hat cover looks BAD ASS!
5 stars for the Hard Hat cover by Advantage! I am now your biggest fan.