1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

********* Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by gene1715, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Apr 10, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    gene1715

gene1715 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    curt
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Tacoma D-Cab
    Borla exhaust, TRD cold air intake, 3" Lift, Infinity Perfect sound, Hella Lighting,
    My Order;
    10" Behind the seat subwoofer box
    Amp Board
    Dash Kit w/stearing wheel control unit and wiring harness
    Front and Rear speaker mounts w/tweater mounts
    Total Cost $535

My initial Order took almost 3 weeks to recieve, however they offered to refund my shipping as compensation which was a nice gesture. They also shipped my stuff to an alternate address so I could finish my project because I had left on vacation. Over all their communications was fast and responsive, I even received several texts to straighten things out.

I ordered 10" box, Amp board, wiring harness, Dash Kit, Front and Rear speaker mounts for my 2011 Tacoma double cab....
    The amp board dosn't fit unless you cut slots out in the plastic, remove the plastic or cut a curve out of the bottom corner of the board and 1" off the side. The speaker box dosn't fit unless you removing the entire plastic panel behind the seat they recommended I cut the shape of the box out of the plastic and then push the box in...However even after removing all the behind the seat plastic the subwoofer sits too low in the box and rubs on the back seat restrict the vibration of the speaker and making it sound distorted, still dont know how I'm going to fix that. The speaker mounts were made of high quality plastic however the mounting holes weren't alligned right, I had to drill new holes. The included mounting hardware didn't match my doors and i ended up purchasing better screws at Lowes hardware... When I tried to install the tweaters the plastic was too thick and caused my tweaters to push my grills ot of my doors so I ended up shaving them down to fit.

All and all about the only thing I liked about anything manufactured by ********* were the rhino lining protective coating sprayed onto the wood, it adds a nice look and a rugged feel.

The double din Dash kit by Metra was good, however I think the Slchotch mounting kit is a little higher quality, I also purchased a stearing wheel adapter from Taco tunes and was sad to see their were no instructions included on how to install and utilize it with my Kenwood head unit, I ended up going online to figure it out

I actually received a phone call from ********* trying to help me figure things out on my tacoma but their recomendations to remove my rear plastic panels in order to make things fit defeats my desire to retain a factory look to my tacoma. Through out the whole process I had great communications with ********* personel and decent customer service. However All and All I couldn't honestly recomend this company to anyone looking to upgrade their sounds system in the tacoma, if they made a few modifications to their manufacturing and did a little research into how their products fit into their target Market they might have a great product.
    Ill add pictures later

2. Mar 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    tyndall5818

tyndall5818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Wheeling near Joshua Tree, Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Doube Cab
    Check out my build thread.
    I ordered on a Sunday and I still haven’t got a confirmation from them stating my order was even placed and its Thursday. I tried calling but their phone has a busy tone every time. I might be freaking out too cause I have read only good reviews. I did get a confirmation through my PayPal stating my payment was sent and received and that electronic shipping has been received but still no confirmation from *********. I really was hoping to get the products before the weekend so I was really excited about the 2 day shipping they had, and I don’t know if that’s going to happen anymore.

3. Mar 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    tyndall5818

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    It's Friday. I called and left a message with my name and phone number on Thursday, still no call back or anything. I also emailed taco tunes yesterday and I actually got a response back, however he said there shouldn't be a problem with my order and that most orders have shipped, he also gave me the tracking number I had already thinking that I would just say ok and move on. I told him the tracking number just states the tracking info was received and he responded with he would check the warehouse and let me know. Well I've sent 3 more emails asking if he ever checked and he is not responding back to me and it's been over a day. They won't call back they won't email back, for a place with such great reviews it's kinda crazy that they treat customers this way. If I could go back in time I would have never placed this order. I would definitely look for other options.

4. Apr 27, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    Minnetacoma

Minnetacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sr5 with oe sunroof
    3.5 fabtech suspension lift with dirt logic shocks, Wheelers Alcon 8 pack rear leafs with extended brake line All pro rock sliders Cbi DIY front bumper with m8000 winch Cbi bushmaster 1.0 non swing arm 33x10.5 BFG mud terrains Skid row front skid plate Trs headlight retro fit fxr 2.5in projectors with rbg halos Audio/electrical upgrades K2 73ah lithium battery Big 4 upgrade 300a Ohio generator alt Alpine type r 6.5 coaxials in front Alpine type s 6.5 coaxials in back Alpine double din touchscreen Digital designs z3 15” subwoofer Digital designs m4 amp Alpine ktp 445u behind the dash amp for speakers 152db
    Idk everything I have ever read on several different forums all say stay away from taco tunes..... Giant joke in the tacoma car audio world

5. Apr 27, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Holy thread revival.

6. Apr 27, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    Minnetacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3.5 fabtech suspension lift with dirt logic shocks, Wheelers Alcon 8 pack rear leafs with extended brake line All pro rock sliders Cbi DIY front bumper with m8000 winch Cbi bushmaster 1.0 non swing arm 33x10.5 BFG mud terrains Skid row front skid plate Trs headlight retro fit fxr 2.5in projectors with rbg halos Audio/electrical upgrades K2 73ah lithium battery Big 4 upgrade 300a Ohio generator alt Alpine type r 6.5 coaxials in front Alpine type s 6.5 coaxials in back Alpine double din touchscreen Digital designs z3 15” subwoofer Digital designs m4 amp Alpine ktp 445u behind the dash amp for speakers 152db
    I'm bored and is have to say if you want a revival look up ray stevens

7. Apr 27, 2014 at 1:47 AM
    Minnetacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
  8. Apr 27, 2014 at 1:48 AM
    Minnetacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Damn I phones

9. Apr 28, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    DeltaSteve

DeltaSteve Social Critic

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    FW,TX near TCU
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD access
    KING 2.0" PERFORMANCE SERIES REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER SHOCK W COILOVERS, TC UCA, OME DAKAR SPRINGS, RELENTLESS PLATE R BUMPER and MORE :)
    tyndall5818 I feel your pain, I've got a project on hold :( I've sent emails, called .... not a peep. 100% + my bad for not heeding the warnings of others.

10. Apr 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM
    Drakivnsf

Drakivnsf Dance Party Guru

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    '12 White Tacoma DCLB 4x4
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAI, BRP pre-axle catback, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, Power Sliding rear window, Glassworks Unlimited Front Fenders, ScS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17, 3" All-Pro Std Leafs, 2.0 Fox adj. res. shocks, 2.5 Fox res. Coilovers, All-Pro +2" LT kit, Timbren Bumpstops front and rear, All-Pro U-Bolt flip kit, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front bumper, RCI IFS Skid, RCI Sliders, more to come.....
    Their communication skills are very bad as info. This is a side business and isnt their main focus if you guys didn't know. They just take forever for anything to really happen, if you keep on bugging them eventually they will answer. A lot of times it's a hit and miss with these guys and shipping their stuff, it brings up memories of all pro lol. Good products, but shotty customer relations/service.

11. Apr 29, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    tyndall5818

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    Ok so let me explain the ********* ordeal. They said they had been trying to contact me. When I finally got a response from them, however they were emailing the wrong person about my order. It finally got taken care of but it took almost a month because of their delayed responses. Also after I told them that they were emailing the wrong person the continued to say they were sending me emails but I never got them. When I finally got my order everything was good to go.

I'm dealing with All Pro as we speak I have contacted them yesterday with to get a military discount and they responded very fast we exchanged several emails and I even called and they answered the phone 2 separate times. It's nothing like *********.

12. Apr 29, 2014 at 6:06 AM
    Minnetacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Elliott
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Yea my recent experience with all pro has been fast response times... Although I believe they should post wait times on their products so your not going in it blind not knowing they don't have these parts in stock when you order and pay for a product then find out it will be 2 weeks before they might ship it.... Cbi off road states right on their site that your gonna be waiting for your product

13. Apr 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    DeltaSteve

DeltaSteve Social Critic

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    FW,TX near TCU
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD access
    KING 2.0" PERFORMANCE SERIES REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER SHOCK W COILOVERS, TC UCA, OME DAKAR SPRINGS, RELENTLESS PLATE R BUMPER and MORE :)
    My speaker spacers, harness connectors mysteriously showed up today with out notice or fanfare. Great quality P & P fit, 6 X 9 polk audio db691 sound fantastic install took about an hour. I lack one more piece from them, then I can install my NX404 2 DIN and be through with them :).

14. May 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    harley3

harley3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Lexington KY
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Redline Tuning Elite Hood Lifts, Weathertechs, Black Devil Horns (thank you Andres), G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors (thank you Greg), interior LED lights, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Kenwood 700w amp, Alpine door speakers tweeters and sub, SuperCrewSounds single sub box
    I wish I would have searched a bit more before I ordered from them. I emailed them 2 questions about the sub box and got immediate responses so I then ordered a box and sub from them early on April 21st. I got the order confirmation and after 4 days I just sent an email to ask when it should ship so I could schedule the install with my stereo guy. I never got a response. I emailed them twice this week and have left a voicemail. I have not heard a word from them or seen a reply.

Ya know...I would be totally fine if they were back ordered and it was going to take 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. It sure as hell would be nice if they would just respond to let me know what to expect.

Like I said...damn I wished I would have search here before I ordered.

15. May 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Note to self: don't buy from *********. Give money to other vendors with superior customer service instead :thumbsup:

TRD-OffRoad_Ben likes this.
  16. May 2, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    DeltaSteve

DeltaSteve Social Critic

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    FW,TX near TCU
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD access
    Hell, just a little ........some :confused: CS would be nice:eek:

17. May 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    harley3

harley3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Lexington KY
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Redline Tuning Elite Hood Lifts, Weathertechs, Black Devil Horns (thank you Andres), G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors (thank you Greg), interior LED lights, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Kenwood 700w amp, Alpine door speakers tweeters and sub, SuperCrewSounds single sub box
    amen to that!

18. May 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    Drakivnsf

Drakivnsf Dance Party Guru

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    '12 White Tacoma DCLB 4x4
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAI, BRP pre-axle catback, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, Power Sliding rear window, Glassworks Unlimited Front Fenders, ScS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17, 3" All-Pro Std Leafs, 2.0 Fox adj. res. shocks, 2.5 Fox res. Coilovers, All-Pro +2" LT kit, Timbren Bumpstops front and rear, All-Pro U-Bolt flip kit, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front bumper, RCI IFS Skid, RCI Sliders, more to come.....
    I know its a taboo topic, but just to update this I just ordered an SQ1 package from them with ballistic matting, the EZQ, and an exile javelin amp. Now I didn't order through the site, I talked to him through email first and he sent me an invoice that I paid through paypal. It was shipped to me within a week. So try talking to him through email and be persistant but patient at the same time and I don't think you would have an issue. But I'm just telling you my experience, I will be installing everything on thursday probably.

19. May 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM
    Bchungy

Bchungy New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 dbl cab Tacoma
    Dravkivnsf what email did you reach him at directly? Thanks in advance

Products Discussed in

To Top