Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

shrockworks sliders

Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
shrockworks sliders

Does anybody have shrockworks sliders? I went to their shop today to look at one. These sliders are solid. any input from TW members would be appreciated. I ordered a set today and the guy told me it would be 8 weeks before they are done. Just hope they are worth the price i paid for them.

thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
I had their bumpers on my jeep. Solid. Loved them. There is always a wait with them because it's a small company but definitely worth it.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
I have them too, they are great. I think they look good too, they really go with the truck. Like others have said, shitty wait. O well, I'd rather wait for quality then get crap soon.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
I want some..
Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
one of my other reasons i go them was because those guys are local to me about 40miles from where i'm at. All the other sliders that i have seen here are from out of state, so i'll have to pay for shipping. here i can go pick them up and save a little $ in the process. The shrockworks sliders comes powder coated, many of the other brand of sliders ship bare metal, so the shrockworks is not that much more $ if you look at it this way.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Customer service is questionable.

^
Old 06-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #11

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
My shrockworks sliders finally came in. I was quoted 8 weeks, it's been almost 10 weeks for delivery. I have to say i'm really happy with the product. the welds are awesome and the powder coat is one of the best i've seen. i will be installing them over the july 4th weekend. here's a few pics of the sliders.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #12

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
I started installing my shrockworks sliders this afternoon, not quite done yet. I have to drill the bottom holes tomorrow.

everything went pretty smoothly until i got to the back support legs (driver's side and passenger side) they don't really sit flush with the body of the sliders, so i trimmed the washers about 1/8 of an inch, now they fit much better has anybody run into this ?

tomorrow i'll be drilling the bottom holes so i can slide the carriage bolts in. i will post pics of the final install tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #13
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact same set up and I had the same issue, so no need ot worry.

I love mine, have got to use them a few times and they have held up awesome.

I ordered mine a year ago and they were awesome from when I called to delivery. They told me I could have them in 4 weeks (bare steel), and I had them in 4 weeks with no issues.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #14

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
I have the exact same set up and I had the same issue, so no need ot worry.

I love mine, have got to use them a few times and they have held up awesome.

I ordered mine a year ago and they were awesome from when I called to delivery. They told me I could have them in 4 weeks (bare steel), and I had them in 4 weeks with no issues.
mine were powder coated. the guy quoted me 8 weeks but it took almost 10 weeks, it's a lot of time to wait but i'm really pleased with the product. do you have any tip in drilling the bottom holes?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #15
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Have a decent drill bit, haha. I used a center punch then drilled a 1/8" pilot, then a 1/8-1/2" step bit and it went like butter.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #16

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

i just got back from home depot and i have to say, the center point makes a BIG difference, i was just sliding all over the frame after using the center point, just finished drilling one of my pilot hole, now my drill battery is not holding a charge anymore. i guess is back to home depot for new batteries.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #17
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
8 freaking weeks to get them? wow... why so long? do they wait for an order to come in, then they order the metal, make the sliders, send out to powercoat? hope they charge 25% less than anyone else... that would bother me. if its a business, they should have the metal in stock, at the very least... doubt they have a million orders and cant keep up... anyway, sorry for the rant... just bothered me!
Adamo
Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #18

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
8 freaking weeks to get them? wow... why so long? do they wait for an order to come in, then they order the metal, make the sliders, send out to powercoat? hope they charge 25% less than anyone else... that would bother me. if its a business, they should have the metal in stock, at the very least... doubt they have a million orders and cant keep up... anyway, sorry for the rant... just bothered me!
Adamo
they quoted me 8 weeks but it was more like 10 weeks. I don't know why it takes so long but the product is awesome.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #19
Simone is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Previous Army Medic - 10 Mtn Divison. Current Federal Fire Fighter Ft. Polk
Name: Nick
Simone's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my review for Shrockworks as a vendor. I ordered a bumper and had a terrible time dealing with them. It's been over two months longer than the lead time they quoted me, and I am still waiting. They have never called me to talk to me about it yet, I still have to call and ask on occasion.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...rockworks.html
Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #20

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simone View Post
Here is my review for Shrockworks as a vendor. I ordered a bumper and had a terrible time dealing with them. It's been over two months longer than the lead time they quoted me, and I am still waiting. They have never called me to talk to me about it yet, I still have to call and ask on occasion.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...rockworks.html
all i can tell you is that you will eventually get your product. As a rule of thumb, just double the quoted time, if you get it before that, assume yourself to be very lucky. I wanted a bumper from them also and jim quoted me 90 days, so it will probably be around 180 days. I din't want to wait that long, so i bought an ARB bumper, but their product is awesome.