Notices

3" Lift Kit Opinions

Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
trdkrupp is on a distinguished road

Army: CBRN Technician, 2-44 ADA
Name: Nate
trdkrupp's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift Kit Opinions

Looking for some recommendations as to what's the best 3" suspension lift for the 2nd Generation Tacoma. I've been looking at build threads and see a lot of different brands, everyone says they're great. Just trying to narrow it down to one brand that will lift the front and back. Thanks for the help
Old 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Complete OME....

my opinion

but i dont even have it installed yet haha
Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
whats your budget? Thats what it pretty much narrows it down to what lift you get, purpose of lift like "Poser" or actually taking it to the trails....alot depends on these two things. Need more info. and you will get replies but try searching also.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how deep your pockets are.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 AM   #5

Would like to stay under a grand for the lift. Just reading through, it sounds like some pieced together kits from different companies. Looking for the best full kit for under a grand, and as always the cheaper the better. Still a daily driver, but some trails, mud, pretty much what you would find at most off road parks. Bottom line, not trying to turn it into a crawler.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
Complete OME....

my opinion

but i dont even have it installed yet haha
What brand kit do you buy? Looked at the ARB and others.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
5100's are a popular budget option.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdkrupp View Post
Would like to stay under a grand for the lift. Just reading through, it sounds like some pieced together kits from different companies. Looking for the best full kit for under a grand, and as always the cheaper the better. Still a daily driver, but some trails, mud, pretty much what you would find at most off road parks. Bottom line, not trying to turn it into a crawler.
Check out toyteclifts.com
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What brand kit do you buy? Looked at the ARB and others.
OME EVERYTHING

886 coils,182shocks,90000shocks,dakar pack,d29xl aal

3 inch OYFY
Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the OME lift on my DCLB .

885's no spacer , Nitrochargers , N182's and the Dakar leaf pack .

I also installed LR UCA's .

I got 2 3/4" of lift front and back , I'm very happy .
Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Can you fit 285s with 2 3/4"
Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #12

I live outside of Nashville, going to go to 4wheelparts down there when I get back. A guy I work with took his Chevy 2500 there, talked to a guy who actually listened to what he wanted, what he was going to use the truck for and sold him what he needed, not what costs the most. Think that's a good recommendation, plus he gives military discounts
Old 04-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can you fit 285s with 2 3/4"
Yes , with the usual trimming
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I love fresh new threads this topic hasn't been covered much. Subd for pics!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #15
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Good to hear. I've been looking at the OME lift. That's alot of lift for a 2" lift - if I'm correct they don't make another size lift for 2nd gen Tacomas. . .

What are LR UCA's???

Did you use the trim packer to level out the drivers side lean?

Thanks. . .
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Good to hear. I've been looking at the OME lift. That's alot of lift for a 2" lift - if I'm correct they don't make another size lift for 2nd gen Tacomas. . .

What are LR UCA's???

Did you use the trim packer to level out the drivers side lean?

Thanks. . .
The OME kit comes with the option of 884 , 885 , or 886 springs ,

I got 2 3/4" using the 885's on my DCLB .

LR UCA = Light Racing Upper Control Arm , it is an aftermarket upper arm that introduces another 2 degrees of built in caster to allow for a correct alignment after you change the geometry of the front components by lifting the truck

I used the OME trim packer kit on the driver's side to account for the " Taco Lean "
Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
I love fresh new threads this topic hasn't been covered much. Subd for pics!

x2 Tell me about it...

Every freaken day we get the same question about 3" lifts..
Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I have a cheap 3" from rough country. Its spacers up front and blocks in the rear. below $300 for everything, I fit 285/75/16 on mine. The lift is cheesy i know but it works great. I've taken it the dunes and wheeled around with it a few times. Nothing extreme but it gets the job done. I just loctie'd the crap out of everything when i put it together. And it was all bolt on, just need a jack, a few stands, a case of your favorite beverage, maybe a buddy and go to town. Hope this helps.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
ConnYotaMedic is on a distinguished road
EMS: Paramedic
ConnYotaMedic's Tacoma Gallery
If you are looking not to spend too much, try http://www.justlevelingkits.com/inde...roducts_id=540

I believe this is the same kit mentioned above