Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Side Window Deflectors

Old 04-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
Side Window Deflectors

Who is using these and how useful are they? Honestly, I thought they were for ashing cigarettes out of the window when it was raining so water doesn't get inside but apparently there's more too them than just that.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
I never could bring myself to buy em for years....always found something else to spend on. Got a set kicked down to me....great! Probably would buy a set if I needed to now.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
AVS in channel for me. Love theses things because you can leave your windows cracked in summertime and it wont be so hot inside. Another benefit is have windows cracked in rain while driving. Its up to you but I will get another set when these wear out.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
AtomicAge is on a distinguished road

Name: AA
AtomicAge's Tacoma Gallery
In channel Weathertechs for me. Extremely useful when it rains...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of in-channels and like them. They're nice to be able to keep your windows cracked in the rain or leave the windows down an inch or so on a hot day without anyone noticing.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
TyW33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
TyW33's Tacoma Gallery
I had some on my truck when I first got it, but they didn't seem to do anything, took them off and found out I was right. I guess they make sense in rain but I like it without them. Makes the truck look a little cleaner too
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
patpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura about
patpatpat's Tacoma Gallery
People in California will not find it too useful - weather is too nice.
For the folks in the South, where summers are hot and wet, they are quite useful.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Living in the south with Hot humid summers and random pop-up afternoon thunderstorms they are very useful.

I use mine to keep my windows cracked while i'm parked outside at work, I don't have to worry about the rain getting in. Between cracking the windows and having dark window tint, my truck isn't a sauna when I get in it at the end of the workday.

I have the regular AVS stick on kind. The previous owner installed them.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
bonfire is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bonfire's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for the Weathertech in-channels

Living in the Pacific Northwest and they are well worth it.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerviperus View Post
EGR's