Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Looking for a fabric bra to cover bumper, grill, lower hood

Old 05-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Concord Mike is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Concord Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a fabric bra to cover bumper, grill, lower hood

I drive mostly in town, but once a month I have to hit the central valley of California for some long drives, and my taco comes back home splattered with bugs to the point where it takes me 45 minutes just to clean up. I have read about the 3M clear bra solution, but what I really want is something I can tie on for my rural drives and take off when I get home.

Not looking for anything expensive or good looking. I just need a practical solution like a fitted fabric bra. Solid over the bumper, trim and lower hood, with clear plastic over the headlights and a ventilated mesh over the grill.

Needs to be easy to put on and take off so I don't have to "wear the bra" around town.

Anyone know where I could pick something like that up?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:29 AM   #2
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
In my area we have problems a couple times a year with these bugs called Love Bugs, so named because you mostly see them when they are mating.

Anyway, those who don't want to scrub away usually just put on a screen mesh across the front. Still have to scrub the windshield, but that doesn't get pitted like paint - did I mentioned love bug guts will eat into clear coat if allowed to sit for too long?

Most auto parts stores around here sell them, but just in case they don't there, type auto bug screen into Google, or here's an Amazon source for one http://www.amazon.com/FIA-CS600-Univ.../dp/B0015MYO2M
Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to Myrtle Beach this summer, just had my bumper re-done. I plan on lining it with painters tape. Not ideal, but it works.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Concord Mike is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Concord Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the bug screen link. That may be just exactly what I need !!!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
3m clear bra

/thread
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
dan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddan0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dan0's Tacoma Gallery
I put a bra on my mustang once
bad mistake
sh!it builds up at the edge and it rubs a line in your paint across the hood
gotta take it off clean it and your hood daily
Old 06-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
09slvrtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: John
09slvrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know you said you wanted something more simple and eays to put on and take off but not sure why don't consider the 3m clear bra. It's a little pricey but you can't notice it unless your up close. It's always on and will always protect your truck. If it ever rips or bubbles it it can be replaced under warranty and it doesn't damage the paint. Also regular car bra's if left on, will not allow the paint to fade evenly. I think this is better ebcause yuo don't have to worry about storing it somewhere and or deal with the hassle of putting it on and taking it off. Let alone any of the straps coming lose, or breaking.

Just my 2 cents