Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

UPS idiots

Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #41
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
I know you're saying COD, but do you mean POA? I used to work for a company that did the local deliveries for UPS, and COD is usually understood as cash on demand, which means you have not paid for the parcel yet, where POA stands for power of attorney, this is where UPS uses their famous dartboard to figure out what you owe them for clearing the parcel through customs for you. I know the current paperwork they have people sign says COD on the top, but it's not, and if you ask they will refer to it as a POA charge.

Frank
Thats what I thought they were meaning before too. I use to do COD on all my bike parts I would buy, because it was safer. Im sure they mean boarder charges though, in that case No I didnt pay them......yet
Old 05-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #42
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Thats what I thought they were meaning before too. I use to do COD on all my bike parts I would buy, because it was safer. Im sure they mean boarder charges though, in that case No I didnt pay them......yet
You must be starting a parts store... lol. I seen your post looking to get another set of rims. You must have a local buyer already?

Frank
Old 05-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #43
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
You must be starting a parts store... lol. I seen your post looking to get another set of rims. You must have a local buyer already?

Frank
No just seeing if I can sell them here for more. Some guy on Kijiji has a set up for like $1200. If he can sell for that much there would be a huge market here lol
Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #44
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That's not a COD charge then agreed ?
I agree with this. I've always known it to mean, either you pay (Collect) when the package arrives (On Delivery) or they keep the package.

From the UPS website:

Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) Rely on UPS to collect payment for your shipment at the time of delivery
Description UPS will attempt to collect the amount shown on the C.O.D. tag or package label, and then send the payment to you. If UPS cannot collect the payment after three attempts, the package will be returned.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shi...added/cod.html

Either way though, it sucks about your rims not showing up on time.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #45

Rims showed up monday, UPS is refunding the full price. Awesome news, but now I have to get it from the shipper who I got them from because it was his account. I paid asking price for the rims, and 100% of the shipping, so Im sure its only fair I get all the money back. Lets hope he feels the same.
Am I right?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #46
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
I would say that you could be refunded the shipping charges but not the cost of the rims as you have them in your possession. Just my opinion....but then I drive for FedEx!

Of course you could move to the states and avoid all the customs bs.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #48
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
Maxpower

Glad you got your shipping money back. IMO I would end it at that, unless there is a defect in the rims or something. Then I would consider a full refund. But since you got the wheels, there is really no reason for a refund to be granted to you. Even though it took some grief to get them.

Hope things get better for you in the future!