Notices

WHICH BULL BAR????????

Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
WHICH BULL BAR????????

i have been looking for a stainless bull bar for my 09 taco. seems, that most out there require you to remove the factory shield. well, i don't think i want to do this, because the bull bars only cover slightly inward from the front edge of the bumper. the factory guard goes back a ways to protect the good stuff in there. so, question to you who have installed these bull bars, who mkes one to fit without the removal of the gravel shield?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Rowski is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
did you find one?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have news for you the factory "splash" plate ain't really going to do very much in protecting anything any ways. its two pieces and if i'm not mistaken you can unbolt and unhook the front piece and then use your bull bar. imho if you are looking for protection look into some of the vendors on here like all pro and ato make some really nice skid plates, then look into a an ato or an arb bumper. thats if you want protection, if you want some looks and a little push bar style thing go the route your going
Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
No bull bar
My names ColtsTRD...and I approve this message LMAO!!!

but seriously x2
Old 06-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
My names ColtsTRD...and I approve this message LMAO!!!

but seriously x2
X3. No bull bar
Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
im new to truck terms. i want a bar to mount off road lights and a winch. are we talking about the same thing or just something that can be replaced with an ed hardy shirt and some axe body spray?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
no bar's
Old 06-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Your going to tell him how that thing got ripped off and was a POS I would hope.........right?
correction bull bar was not ever ripped off.....unless you mean when i removed it...... only had a few scratches in it.....hell i just threw it away a few days ago cleabning out the shed.......
but you aint winching a beer can with it...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
So then, what does a bull bar do?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowski View Post
So then, what does a bull bar do?
idk......
but the one i had was made from a tin can but it looked cool....lol
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Rowski's Tacoma Gallery
what about a bar that just holds lights? my car has one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/purestr...to/4827738389/
Old 06-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowski View Post
what about a bar that just holds lights? my car has one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/purestr...to/4827738389/
Get a smitty built light bar then?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I went from a bull bar to a smittybuilt light bar and all I can say is get the lightbar. I use to think bullbars were cool and function but they really aren't, they do look good on Tacomas I will say that and can take a beating judging from my run in with a deer doing 50 and a fender bender. But the light bar is alot more durable, it's solid metal, not hollow, and you can mount more lights and it's bolted directly to the frame or bumper support on the truck.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
anyone found one which does not require the removal of the skid plate on the 09? or whatever you call that piece.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
Cool

randy, what were you going to say? your post is blank. type something
Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
If you just get a light bar you wont have to mess with the skid.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #20
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
X4

If you want a front bar go with Avid. Much stronger, much thicker, and less bro like
X5

"If you want a front bar go with Avid. Much stronger, much thicker, and less bro like"

Well said! X2 for the Avid bar.