Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Home Depot Trailers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #21
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Also one thing to consider with the cheaper trailers is where will you be keeping it? If keeping it outside in the elements, a cheap trailer will probably not last as long.

Personally I can't keep a trailer outside due to my HOA so I keep it parked in my garage when not in use. It doesn't really take a beating from the elements. This was my consideration in buying a cheap one. The garage thing is another reason why I went with a smaller one (5x8).
Old 05-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #22
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Also one thing to consider with the cheaper trailers is where will you be keeping it? If keeping it outside in the elements, a cheap trailer will probably not last as long.

Personally I can't keep a trailer outside due to my HOA so I keep it parked in my garage when not in use. It doesn't really take a beating from the elements. This was my consideration in buying a cheap one. The garage thing is another reason why I went with a smaller one (5x8).
This is actually pushing me toward the cheaper trailer like the Habor Freight or the Northern tool trailer. If I get an expensive trailer like Simon's Mom, it will have to stay outdoors. The cheaper ones that fold up can be stored along a wall in the garage. The middle of the road home depot (I guess still a cheaper trailer) would have to stay outdoors as well.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #23
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
This might be the expensive route, but I'd try finding a local welder and ask what the fabrication costs would be. It's possible they could make you something far more heavy duty and also customize to your needs. If it ends up that the quote is too high, you can always say no thanks.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #24
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have that exact trailer. It came with a mesh deck but I bolted a sheet of thin plywood on it and it worked much better.
It was very light, so I didn't like hauling it empty as it bounced on the road like crazy. Never weaved on the freeway at all.
I also looked at the similar trailers at Lowe's, but I chose the HD model because it was set up for a 2" ball, while the Lowe's model was 1-7/8".
I kept it for about 3 years... in that time I used it somewhat often, but I wouldn't say frequently. I did use it pretty hard hauling some pretty serious loads on some rough roads and it held up fairly well. My only real complaint was the fenders were not welded on well and cracked off the frame right away. I drilled through them and bolted them back on and they never bothered me again.
I eventually just needed something bigger and heavier so I sold it to a guy at work for $100.
If you are wanting it for just everyday projects like yard work, hauling crap to the dump, an ATV, etc., I think you'd be just fine.

P.S. If you get that one, look underneath and make sure the prep guys took out the wooden blocks between the deck and the leaf springs. Mine was a hard tail for a while and rode like shit 'til I figured it out.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #25
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I'm looking for something as a base for making a camping/utility trailer. Something I could make for a Roof Top Tent and still be able to use it for yard work.

I like this one already made up.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...at22101&topnav=

Plus if you get it through Costco, it's $1000.00 cheaper than ordering it through the manufacturer.

Products Discussed in this Thread