1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Home Depot Trailers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Pugga, May 11, 2011.

1. May 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Also one thing to consider with the cheaper trailers is where will you be keeping it? If keeping it outside in the elements, a cheap trailer will probably not last as long.

Personally I can't keep a trailer outside due to my HOA so I keep it parked in my garage when not in use. It doesn't really take a beating from the elements. This was my consideration in buying a cheap one. The garage thing is another reason why I went with a smaller one (5x8).

2. May 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    This is actually pushing me toward the cheaper trailer like the Habor Freight or the Northern tool trailer. If I get an expensive trailer like Simon's Mom, it will have to stay outdoors. The cheaper ones that fold up can be stored along a wall in the garage. The middle of the road home depot (I guess still a cheaper trailer) would have to stay outdoors as well.

3. May 25, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    This might be the expensive route, but I'd try finding a local welder and ask what the fabrication costs would be. It's possible they could make you something far more heavy duty and also customize to your needs. If it ends up that the quote is too high, you can always say no thanks.

4. May 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I used to have that exact trailer. It came with a mesh deck but I bolted a sheet of thin plywood on it and it worked much better.
    It was very light, so I didn't like hauling it empty as it bounced on the road like crazy. Never weaved on the freeway at all.
    I also looked at the similar trailers at Lowe's, but I chose the HD model because it was set up for a 2" ball, while the Lowe's model was 1-7/8".
    I kept it for about 3 years... in that time I used it somewhat often, but I wouldn't say frequently. I did use it pretty hard hauling some pretty serious loads on some rough roads and it held up fairly well. My only real complaint was the fenders were not welded on well and cracked off the frame right away. I drilled through them and bolted them back on and they never bothered me again.
    I eventually just needed something bigger and heavier so I sold it to a guy at work for $100.
    If you are wanting it for just everyday projects like yard work, hauling crap to the dump, an ATV, etc., I think you'd be just fine.

P.S. If you get that one, look underneath and make sure the prep guys took out the wooden blocks between the deck and the leaf springs. Mine was a hard tail for a while and rode like shit 'til I figured it out.

5. Jun 15, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...

Products Discussed in

To Top