Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Home Depot Trailers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Home Depot Trailers

Anyone have experience with the trailers that are sold at Home Depot? I'm looking at this one
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Seems decent enough for the price. Can anyone tell me how they hold up?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any experiance with that trailer but i bought this one 5 years ago.its pulls great at 80 mph.doesnt sway,i load it up big time and it never failed.i use it at least 2 weekends a month for side work and during the week for yard work.it was on sale for $200.its a cheap bolt together but worth every penny.i believe they make bigger trailers.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb...els-90154.html
Old 05-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
i dont have any experiance with that trailer but i bought this one 5 years ago.its pulls great at 80 mph.doesnt sway,i load it up big time and it never failed.i use it at least 2 weekends a month for side work and during the week for yard work.it was on sale for $200.its a cheap bolt together but worth every penny.i believe they make bigger trailers.
Backordered!! I may go with something like that, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to store and about 1/2 the price. I'd be using it heavy for a couple months doing house renovations but after that it'd be sitting around.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had that same trailer....was a great trailer pulled straight as hell...even empty. Caught it on sale for $200. Kept it for 4 years and sold it for $200 can't beat that!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
MAPLENUTS is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVEN
MAPLENUTS's Tacoma Gallery
I have one, but can't remember the name. Welded type. Bought from Home depot, and it has a tail gate ramp setup and sides. Tows very nicely. I had it for about 7 years. I think it's a 6X8?
Paid around $600.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Backordered!! I may go with something like that, it seems like it'd be a lot easier to store and about 1/2 the price. I'd be using it heavy for a couple months doing house renovations but after that it'd be sitting around.

Thanks
That sucks it's back ordered.we have a store local to me that has them in stock.check to see if one is close by.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
tommyc is on a distinguished road
Name: tommy
tommyc's Tacoma Gallery
Try lowes, they have some nice trailers. The only thing is the decking is not wood it's that metal mesh.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would try CL as well. You can sometimes find get deals on trailer!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:06 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPLENUTS View Post
I have one, but can't remember the name. Welded type. Bought from Home depot, and it has a tail gate ramp setup and sides. Tows very nicely. I had it for about 7 years. I think it's a 6X8?
Paid around $600.
Thanks for the input, it's tempting, I may pull the trigger on one soon.

Quote:
That sucks it's back ordered.we have a store local to me that has them in stock.check to see if one is close by.
There is a local store, I'm going to swing by this weekend and see if they have one in stock since I'll already be in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
Try lowes, they have some nice trailers. The only thing is the decking is not wood it's that metal mesh.
I looked at Lowes but they seem to be a couple hundred more expensive than their Home Depot counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I would try CL as well. You can sometimes find get deals on trailer!
I've found a lot on craigslist, but the vast majority have been home made and unregistered. The ones that have been registered and are road worthy are around the price of the Home Depot trailers brand new although they are much more heavy duty, just older. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the responses!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #10
I ran out to my yard to check the name of the trailer.
It is made by Snow Bear and I got it from Home Depot.
My had a wooden floor with planks so it seems like I could move a piano,
I moved to my new house loading this puppy up to the hilt and was solid as a rock.
Here's their link:
http://www.snowbear.com/index.php?op...d=14&Itemid=36
Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone have experience with the trailers that are sold at Home Depot? I'm looking at this one
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Seems decent enough for the price. Can anyone tell me how they hold up?
I have one that looks identical to that one, manufacturer is different though (snowbear). Works pretty good but kinda flimsy. I trailered two DR650 bikes about 1500 kms and you could see the trailer flexing a lot!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #12
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a mesh 5x8 last month at Lowe's. They had it on sale for $549. I use it to haul my landscaping equipment.

Although they aren't "the best" they get the job done, and to be honest...there's really not much to a utility trailer anyways.

I added a rolling trailer jack and some 5/4 deck boards to it. The Mesh was too flexible to me. Cost me about $75 for the deck boards and the carriage bolts to bolt it down. The wood made it a little less flexible and made it easier to load my heavy commercial walk behind mower onto it.

My only complaint is the tongue is not triangulated (just one bar) so the front kind flexes a little but it's not that big of a deal.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTRD6SP View Post
I have one that looks identical to that one, manufacturer is different though (snowbear). Works pretty good but kinda flimsy. I trailered two DR650 bikes about 1500 kms and you could see the trailer flexing a lot!
The one I have looks totally different. The sides are solid, and the ramp is solid which is also the tailgate.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #14
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is about 3-4 years old and I think they have changed their design since I bought mine as the place I bought it sells the same trailer with a solid floor now instead of the mesh.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #15
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at one like that, but had no place to store it. I bought this one from northern tool. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6494_200356494

It bolts together, i put 3/4" plywood on it. I use mine to haul mine and the wifes bikes. And it will go flat against mt garage wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Home Depot Trailers-truck-021.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
I was looking at one like that, but had no place to store it. I bought this one from northern tool. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6494_200356494

It bolts together, i put 3/4" plywood on it. I use mine to haul mine and the wifes bikes. And it will go flat against mt garage wall.
That one looks pretty neat! Free shipping too... How sturdy is it? It looks pretty well built for a 'some assembly required' trailer. Nice find and thanks for the input!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Sure Trac 6x10 for my little landscape business from a local trailer place. Its C channel construction & tubed top rails vs angle iron with a removable ramp that also folds in when the trailer is empty. The decking is 2x6PT. It tows like a dream & solid. I added D rings all along the square rails & metal portions of the deck, removable solid sides & wheel chocks for bikes. Filling it with stone or topsoil doesn't feel like the thing is maxed or going to twist. All the wiring is wired loomed or contained away from the elements.

The HD & others are good but wanted something that would last a good long time & didn't have to worry about on the highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Home Depot Trailers-new-2010-utility_trailer.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #18
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That one looks pretty neat! Free shipping too... How sturdy is it? It looks pretty well built for a 'some assembly required' trailer. Nice find and thanks for the input!
It's very sturdy, it holds almost 2000lbs. I've had it going 75mph with no problems at all. Went to the Blue ridge mnts in VA twice. And towing behind the Taco, I almost forgot it was there, except when I had to back up.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I bought a Sure Trac 6x10 for my little landscape business from a local trailer place. Its C channel construction & tubed top rails vs angle iron with a removable ramp that also folds in when the trailer is empty. The decking is 2x6PT. It tows like a dream & solid. I added D rings all along the square rails & metal portions of the deck, removable solid sides & wheel chocks for bikes. Filling it with stone or topsoil doesn't feel like the thing is maxed or going to twist. All the wiring is wired loomed or contained away from the elements.

The HD & others are good but wanted something that would last a good long time & didn't have to worry about on the highway.
This is where I start doubting the Home Depot, Northern Tool and Harbor Freight trailers... I'm torn between the cheap trailer that will last 5 years or so with the use it will see, or front the money and have the trailer that will last damn near forever with a little maintenance. I'm a new home owner so money is tight so I'm learning toward cheap as long as it's not a waste and it meet my needs. Looks like it's decision time!

Thanks again for the responses, very helpful!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is where I start doubting the Home Depot, Northern Tool and Harbor Freight trailers... I'm torn between the cheap trailer that will last 5 years or so with the use it will see, or front the money and have the trailer that will last damn near forever with a little maintenance. I'm a new home owner so money is tight so I'm learning toward cheap as long as it's not a waste and it meet my needs. Looks like it's decision time!

Thanks again for the responses, very helpful!
Totally understand! It cost around $1100.

Products Discussed in this Thread