Notices

Flowmaster duel exhaust American Thunder kit

Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #21
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust

the setup for 381 from flow master direct is not stainless. i just ordered from parts geek.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #22
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod45 View Post
the setup for 381 from flow master direct is not stainless. i just ordered from parts geek.
You have to special order it. Mine is stainless but the muffler itself is not.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
Cool flowmaster

i just installed the flow master american thunder setup. 1 1/2 hours taking my time. fit is excellent. entire instal was fairly easy for one person. it is a little louder than i anticipated. however, after a few miles it might settle down a bit. i have an ultra gauge, so i am going to see if the mileage increases at all. seems to have a bit more pep to it. $477 shipped free from patrsgeek.com.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #24
Smile american thunder

after driving for about 40 miles in 2 days, i discovered a problem i have contacted flow master about. will post resolve then i hear from them. my initial run after instal was 12 miles. let it cool and retighten all bolts. after this ride, i smelled rubber. what i found was the hangar welded to the exhaust pipe where it join the inlet side of the muffler, gets very hot and will melt the rubber hanger. toyota uses a hollow tube, to dissipate heat. flow master uses a solid rod, thereby conducting a lot more heat. we'll see what flow master has to say about it, hopefully before it melts through and everything ends up in the street!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #25
LBCJ44 is on a distinguished road

Name: Clay
LBCJ44's Tacoma Gallery
is the super 44 or american thunder louder?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #26
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod45 View Post
after driving for about 40 miles in 2 days, i discovered a problem i have contacted flow master about. will post resolve then i hear from them. my initial run after instal was 12 miles. let it cool and retighten all bolts. after this ride, i smelled rubber. what i found was the hangar welded to the exhaust pipe where it join the inlet side of the muffler, gets very hot and will melt the rubber hanger. toyota uses a hollow tube, to dissipate heat. flow master uses a solid rod, thereby conducting a lot more heat. we'll see what flow master has to say about it, hopefully before it melts through and everything ends up in the street!!!!
What did they have to say about this?
Old 12-10-2011, 03:35 AM   #27
Smile american thunder

they didn't respond. must be taking the 5th.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #29
Smile flowmaster

it burned enough to make me concerned enough to go to toyota and buy a new rubber hanger. i really like the system. nice sound.very meooow at low speed low rpm. you get on the throttle and it gets louder, not obnoxious tho,,,, i would buy it again.