Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Coilover lift

Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
anasseef is on a distinguished road
anasseef's Tacoma Gallery
Coilover lift

Just purchased a 2010 TRD off road on Saturday. Looking to lift and add some nice mods. The place I took my truck to wants to fit me with a STAGE 1 COILOVER SYSTEM. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and is this a good way to go?

I am planning on a 3 inch suspension lift and this is what they wanted to sell me. They are a pretty reputable place and do amazing work so they know what they are doing. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What place are you talking about? And Which "Stage 1" lift??
Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Who makes it?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the make of the lift
Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What place are you talking about? And Which "Stage 1" lift??
Total Auto Pros in Phoenix and I don't know. The work order just says: "TOYOTA TACOMA STAGE 1 COILOVER SYSTEM" I wasn't able to talk to anyone about the details yet. Just wanted to do my homework before I agree
Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasseef View Post
Total Auto Pros in Phoenix and I don't know. The work order just says: "TOYOTA TACOMA STAGE 1 COILOVER SYSTEM" I wasn't able to talk to anyone about the details yet. Just wanted to do my homework before I agree
Sounds like they want to instal a spacer lift. How much are they charging?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Who makes it?
not sure of the make, it wasn't included in the quote.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
Quote:
Sounds like they want to instal a spacer lift. How much are they charging?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that sounds like more than a spacer lift. maybe its the toytec 3" lift?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Hmm.....Without any pics, or more info, its hard to tell what your getting. You might be better off peicing together the parts, and installing it yourself.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
that sounds like more than a spacer lift. maybe its the toytec 3" lift?
Not sure, but that will be my first question. I have read some good reviews about the toytec lifts on here
Old 05-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #12

The shop is local to us, if you want, you can PM me who they are, and I can talk to them, and find out what exactly they are trying to sell.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Quote:
The shop is local to us, if you want, you can PM me who they are, and I can talk to them, and find out what exactly they are trying to sell.
I live in AZ and I was there today. I have a buddy at work who referred me to them.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #14

Quote:
I live in AZ and I was there today. I have a buddy at work who referred me to them.
Yeah...Im in Tempe. Let me know if you want me to find out what it is, oterh wise we have no idea what lift your talking about.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #15
Quote:
Yeah...Im in Tempe. Let me know if you want me to find out what it is, oterh wise we have no idea what lift your talking about.
I appreciate the offer man, I am going down there tomorrow to meet with someone. I just wanted to get an idea of what I was getting myself into with advice from people who have the same truck and know. I am hoping that it is a toytec
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #16
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever it is, stay away from spacer lifts and blocks. They're not a good way to lift your truck. Hopefully its an AAL, shocks and some type of coilover. Let us know what it is when you find out.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Whatever it is, stay away from spacer lifts and blocks. They're not a good way to lift your truck. Hopefully its an AAL, shocks and some type of coilover. Let us know what it is when you find out.
Will do, thanks for all the great information. Any suggestions on brands for the lift? I have mentioned toytec but are there any other lifts that provide a nice ride for regular driving??
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #18
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will do, thanks for all the great information. Any suggestions on brands for the lift? I have mentioned toytec but are there any other lifts that provide a nice ride for regular driving??
I've heard good things about the OME setup. I have the toytec ultimate lift kit myself and I really like it. It has a nice ride, handles way better than my worn out stock suspension, and is pretty easy to adjust. I've also heard good things about king coil overs, icon coilovers, and SAW coilovers. Theres also fox and radflo but I haven't heard much about them myself on these trucks. Try searching around to see other people's setups and how they like them.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
the make of the lift is by Icon Dynamics and the model is a Stage 1 coilover suspension lift.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
the make of the lift is by Icon Dynamics and the model is a Stage 1 coilover suspension lift.
Top shelf right there.