Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Rigid Industries DUALLY LED OFF ROAD LIGHTS

Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #21
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Really? Darn thats a dissapointment. And you hooked them up right with enough power going to them?
Yup. And now after just coming back from messing around in my driveway again with them I might just keep them for a bed rack I'm designing for back up or bed lights. And as for the front, as I mentioned before I will either put my Hellas back up there or get the light bar from Rigid.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #22
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
those would probably make good dust lights.

sandman427 has the same, I think his looks brighter. same exact ones.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
I have them and like most LEDS in the day. Not too bright. Rigid is top quality and well made.

Try them again @ night time. You'll see how bright they truly are.

If you had the 10inch or bigger LED light bars from them. You'll see them in the day with no problem.
Do you have the light bar? Because now I'm interested in one of those...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #24
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
those would probably make good dust lights.

sandman427 has the same, I think his looks brighter. same exact ones.
Thats why I got them. For following buddies on the dirt roads and for the places I have to go for work.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #25
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
TMW Off road sells some 900 lumen LED off road lights for 26 bucks each. They are about 3" x 3", and in durable ABS plastic housings.
do you have a link for this...i just looked at their website and couldn't find it. thanks man!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #26
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
This is rather depressing, do they get brighter with time? I'm not to hip on leds.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #27
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #28
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
This is rather depressing, do they get brighter with time? I'm not to hip on leds.
x2 lol and I'm sure they stay the same amount of brightness
Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #29
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
10" amber or 10" white? White seems brighter
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #30
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I have the D2 Dually that i use for the bed/reverse light. these are pretty darn bright for little lights, the 10in bar i have up front is nicely built as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #31
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
I have the D2 Dually that i use for the bed/reverse light. these are pretty darn bright for little lights, the 10in bar i have up front is nicely built as well.
yeah you have the d2, blows the normal one outta the water
Old 05-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #32
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
What color is your 10"?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #33
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 900 lumen led flashlight that is brighter than a lot of car headlights and fits in your pocket. I think you need to get the d2's since they have both flood and spot.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #34
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
The D2's are 2600lm each keep those for dust lights and get some white D2's
Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #35
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
I change my mind and I will be buying more lights from R.I. I went on another test drive tonight with them and kept pulling over to change the direction they were pointing and found the right position for me and they are great. As stated before, they are ideally back up/dust lights but when mounted up front with headlights OFF, they are rather impressive. I don't know what it was before. I plan on putting this lights on the bed basket I'm having built for back up lights and will be getting the 10" combo E series light bar and 2 white flood duallys for the front. Time to save up! Hope this thread helped any questions about these lights. Just gotta find the right postioning and they were work how they're supposed to.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #36
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Have you looked into the vision x 10 watt led?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #37
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Have you looked into the vision x 10 watt led?
Yeah but went with these because they are 15 watts
Old 05-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #38
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I have the white Gen 1's. They're not bad, particularly cuz they're so small. they also plug right in to the harness that the fog bulbs use (pick one or the other).

They're a little cleaner light than the fogs, good pattern (spot) but only project usable light 30-50 yards. I think they're a good adjunct to headlights, but my Lightforce 170 HID's do a pretty good job "swallowing" up their light.

I might put mine in back as back up lights. If I can figure how to mount them and have them as "deer" lights pointing about 30 degrees to the sides, I'd totally keep them.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #39
Just some guy
JRockTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JRockTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You're problem is that you have the Amber colored light, which aren't made for lighting up the night. Ever notice how some towns have those yellow city lights instead of white lights in their street lamps? Those amber lights don't light up jack compared to white lights.

If you want the 2x2, you gotta get the White LED which have 1000 lumens and only pulls 10W. These come in Flood or Spot for about $200 per pair. I sell these at my work & am looking at getting some myself for reverse lights
Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #40
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockTaco View Post
You're problem is that you have the Amber colored light, which aren't made for lighting up the night. Ever notice how some towns have those yellow city lights instead of white lights in their street lamps? Those amber lights don't light up jack compared to white lights.

If you want the 2x2, you gotta get the White LED which have 1000 lumens and only pulls 10W. These come in Flood or Spot for about $200 per pair. I sell these at my work & am looking at getting some myself for reverse lights
I just got mine for my uncle. 6 LEDs in a circular spot lamp and pulls 18W for the whole assembly. Blinding! Most likely selling them for $90 for one but should be having a group buy discount soon!