Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Bestop Supertop

Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #41
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Clamps are cheap through Bestop. I think about $15 a pair.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #42
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Just order two or three pairs n tell the guy you're taking $50 off ha
Old 06-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #43
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery

just installed mine the other day.

I've gone about 60mph with it and I didnt hear anything that stood out. It does a good job of keeping quiet.

It's been raining here lately annnd there are some leaks but I'll be fixing that soon. just need to wait for the rain to stop so I can do work.

ease of install for me was somewhat difficult but keep in mind it was not warm here at all and i struggled, it can be installed with a little cooler weather then recomended but be prepared for battle.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #44
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its super windy here in south dakota, especially lately and the wind pushing down between my cab and the topper undid my velcro about three times on my way home from out of town. i fixed it with some random clamps i had laying around. my question is if anyone has this topper and a roof rack with a fairing.. i'm thinking the fairing might push enough preassure up to avoid hitting the lip that sticks above the cab and further relieve some of the wind smashing into my velcro.

also another excuse to buy a roof rack will help me waste money i should save
Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #45
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
got it today

Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #46
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it was kind of a bitch to install but got it on, im not in love with it but ill give it a few months
Old 06-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #47
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its a real bitch to install, I did it in much cooler weather though. I feel the same way about it though, some angles I love it, some I could care less. Mines down right now but it goes up every once in awhile when im bored. Gotta love the ability to put it up and down though, hardtop guys arent as lucky.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #48

so you have to take the windows out to fold it up and down? they seems to take about 3-5 minutes each to figure it out. oh well. i will prob stick with my tonneau in the winter and use this in the summer
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #49
tahoe_babbs will become famous soon enough
Name: Ryan
tahoe_babbs's Tacoma Gallery
it really all depends on what you want to use it for. for me, i have the dogs and it works great for that. if not, i probably would have purchased the tonneau cover.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
so you have to take the windows out to fold it up and down? they seems to take about 3-5 minutes each to figure it out. oh well. i will prob stick with my tonneau in the winter and use this in the summer
Yeah windows need to come off to fold it down, if you leave it on....well.. dont.

I mean if its winter theres not a huge need to fold it up and down but its great for summer use. Winter you have to make sure you have everything sealed for when it rains.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #51

so i went and got some tape backed foam strips to seal it up on the wides and up front, the front 2 corners still leak a little but i think a little duct take may work up there. as far as the gap above the tailgate goes... i picked up a garage door seal aty home depot for $8 and cut it to fit in the slot on the bestop. works great.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #52
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
these tops make it look like a jeep is in the bed. There are better options, however not for the cheap price of these besttops
Old 06-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #53
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatant View Post
these tops make it look like a jeep is in the bed. There are better options, however not for the cheap price of these besttops
Hi Troll. Step up to the plate with "better options" or go away. Looks are subjective, functionality is not.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #54
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Would you be able to haul a dirtbike with the top folded down? If so I really want one of these. That cold weather issue sucks a little but not really a factor for my location.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #55
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
Would you be able to haul a dirtbike with the top folded down? If so I really want one of these. That cold weather issue sucks a little but not really a factor for my location.
I bought an LB and a Bestop for just this reason...to take my XR places and I fold my top down periodically and it looks like it should work just ducky.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #56
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
You can raise and lower the top in the winter it just takes a little extra manipulation. I've done it a couple of times in near freezing temps. It's not fun but doable. The side windows can be a bitch but as long as the tension is off the top it's alot easier.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #57
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFun View Post
Hi Troll. Step up to the plate with "better options" or go away. Looks are subjective, functionality is not.
bite me dck.

Like I said, these are good for being cheap. Softtopper and Canback are considerably better. Better craftsmanship, better quality and better cust serv.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #58
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like I said, these are good for being cheap. Softtopper and Canback are considerably better. Better craftsmanship, better quality and better cust serv.
I thought about getting a Softtopper before I found the bestop on craigslist. I recently saw a Colorado with a Softtopper and it looked horrible so I am glad I stuck with the Bestop.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
Yes. Mine didn't rub on the topper or anything.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #60
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatant View Post
bite me dck.

Calm down sweetheart. Your first statement was about looks. All soft tops have that "jeep" look. Looks are all subjective, I feel
The bestop is the best "looking" option.

I have not owned a Softtopper or Canback so I cannot comment on their product or quality. My bestop functions just fine for my needs.