Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Installation of my Gibson exhaust and review

Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #22
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
hey slim u busy this weekend head out to the fiesta island for the meet and I will get a sound clip for ya
Old 10-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Sorry for the total noob question, but when replacing exhaust like this, does it require welding/cutting or is it just bolt on parts? I'm not a mechanic nor do I have access to welding torches, but I'd like to know what I could do myself...
What if you just replace a muffler and leave the stock pipes? Welding/cutting or just bolt on/off?
if you want to just put a performance muffler on for cheap you can cut the old one out and weld a new one to the stock pipe. if you buy a cat-back exhaust like the one shown in this thread, it is entirely bolt on with simple hand tools. they cost about $275-680 depending on brand and style.