1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Banks Monster Exhaust for 4.0L Access Cab

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Night, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    Night

Night [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    I recently purchased and installed a monster exhaust which I am loving.

Truck: TRD Off-road V6 4.0L Access Cab

Installation:

Pretty well the same as any other CAT-Back exhaust system.
    I found the installation went pretty smooth with 2 people(The truck was not jacked up just normal). I ran into a few problems with positioning and considering welding it together so I can move the clamps elsewhere. My biggest problem with the install is where the tail pipe sat and I am worrying about it rubbing on the end of my leaf of my rear axle. (I believe this problem is fixable just the intermediate pipe is too long(?))

Rating out of 10: 8 Pretty straight, just harder for 1 person.

Sound:

Deep, loud, and it rumbles.
    Idle is pretty silent rumble starts at around 1200 RPM's +.
    Cruising pretty silent as well
    Accelerating deep, loud drone in the cabin. Near shifts into next gear it silents down.
    Cabin drone (Not really annoying), great sounding none the less. Outside deep, and throaty. Besides the cabin drone, I love the sound.

Sound out of 10: 9 Love the deepness and rumbling, not raspy at all(I love the cabin drone but drone might be a problem for some people)

Style/Material:
    All stainless besides hangers which are mild steel. Muffler is polished stainless and is really nice(I didn't want to put it under my truck)
    Love the tip it makes the truck look like a beast and is a nice accent/finishing touch for those who like tips. 3" piping throughout and a 4" polished tip with rolled edge and welded on.

Out of 10: 9.5 Only thing more I would want is stainless hangers. Can do without though.

Overall: 9

Recap: Cabin drone I don't mind(might bother others)
    Would rather for them to give the length to cut the intermediate pipe for all the various lengths of tacoma's so there wasn't so much adjusting and trimming.
    Would be a nice touch for stainless hangers (And the poor polished muffle I had to put under my truck :( *shinny*)

I have no idea about power gains/loses

I think it is defiently worth the investment who like rumble to their ride.
    I would never suggest this to people who like quiet though because they would come back to me for a refund haha.

Thanks for reading.

Love my banks :)

I will try to get a sound clips of the in cab and outside for the exhaust and some pictures

2. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Nice write up :thumbsup:

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Sweet.. just looking at this kit for my truck, was debating the MBRP or Magnaflow, now i came across the Banks and searched it...and found your write up.. would love to hear some sound clips if possible. Thanks, and great write up!

4. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    Night

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    I will probably get some sound clips after it stops pouring rain. I would defiantly suggest the exhaust as the sound grows on you and it quietens down a lot.

5. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    muddin

muddin Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's on all four with some OME 885x's. Brute Force Fab front bumper. Warn winch. Koenig countersteers wrapped with duratracs.
    you should post up a video so we can hear it!

6. Jun 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    DonL

DonL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Monster Exhaust, Shell, 5100's all around, Airlift airbags, Hankook Atm, K&M air filter
    I've had the same set up for a couple of years and still love it!!!

7. Jun 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    Norcan

Norcan What we don't have we make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Elora, ON Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    Bakflip F1, BakBox, Sportwing Colour matched door mouldings, Weathertech floor liners, Toyota running boards,Toyota Hood Deflector,Pop N Lock power tailgate lock, Custom Otterbox defender mount for IPhone 4, Blu Logic Large button kit, BonGiovi DPS, fog light on with parking light low beam and high beam mod, TRD Exhaust, Muth heated signal mirrors, Liquid Metal Rhino Wheels in Black!, Redline Elite hoodlifts, EZ down tailgate,
    Did you cut the intermediate pipe on the muffler end back 13 1/4" as listed in the instructions? I would love to hear it.

8. Jun 14, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    Night

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Sadly, it did not come with the length for Access cabs in my book. I think I cut it at 37 1/2 from the neck. Don't take my word for it lol

9. Jun 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    Night

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey

Products Discussed in

To Top