Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Bull Bar 2011 tacoma

Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
KILGORE76 is on a distinguished road
KILGORE76's Tacoma Gallery
Bull Bar 2011 tacoma

Hello,
I have a 2011 toyota tacoma double cab,I was wondering if i added a bull bar would i have to remove my skid plate?Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
seems as though you do. if you find one which does not require removal, let me know. i did go to a local dealer and he told me the genuine taco part did not require removal. down side is that this part is 391.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Get the Avid, keep the skid. The TRD skid fits with it. Looks much better than bull bar too.....
Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
bonfire is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bonfire's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Avid light bar and I love it so far. Adding light soon.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfire View Post
I got the Avid light bar and I love it so far. Adding light soon.

Superior choice.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Avid as well with a factory skid plate (also Line-x'd)
Old 07-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Def look into getting the Avid light bar!! Fits with the factory and TRD OEM skid plates!!

Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I should have guessed you were gonna follow me up with a pic of your truck. lol. Nice seeing you around buddy.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
avid!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
I agree the avid is a better set up but i just picked up this westin and i didnt have to remove the factory skid.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
I also have a westin with the factory skid. Bolted right up.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
I should have guessed you were gonna follow me up with a pic of your truck. lol. Nice seeing you around buddy.
Yeah its been a while huh!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #14
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah its been a while huh!!!
Yes it has. Anytime anyone ever talks about the avid bar, you are the first truck I remember seeing it on. Looks good scratch that... great on the white Tacoma.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Yes it has. Anytime anyone ever talks about the avid bar, you are the first truck I remember seeing it on. Looks good scratch that... great on the white Tacoma.
Haha, thanks bud!! Your trucks still looking sick as well!!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #16
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjf216 View Post
I agree the avid is a better set up but i just picked up this westin and i didnt have to remove the factory skid.

So you have the same skid plate that WW FIREFIGHTER has right? I have a bull bar too, but wanted to get one of those skids. I just haven't decided if I want to give up the bull bar to do it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery

AVID! There's a reason why we're all recommending them Also compared to the normal bull bars you'll actually have a bit of protection, these things are solid.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #18

I don't personally like the avid bars. They just look like cheap light bars to me (personal preference I guess), and I don't see how they really protect anything. To each his own I guess...
Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #19
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Farva View Post
I don't personally like the avid bars. They just look like cheap light bars to me (personal preference I guess), and I don't see how they really protect anything. To each his own I guess...
I'm not saying they're like steel bumpers, they're not going to do a whole lot against heavy rocks, but for light offroading bumping trees etc at a fairly low speed it has saved me a few times. Also had someone back into me in a parking lot and all I had to do was touch up the paint on the bar, their car didn't get away as well. They provide more protection than something like the Westin bar that I believe is made of hollow tubes, and I doubt would stand up to much of anything.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #20

true true, I've actually hit 3 (yes 3, I'm not making that up) blown semi-truck tires going down I 75 through Atlanta. My ARIES bull bar saved me all three times from having to buy a brand new bumper. It mangled the ever living crap out of the metal skid plate on the bull bar, but saved my front bumper. But yes, the aries would probably be better for off-roading (where the bull bar wouldn't help too much).
FYI...Don't follow too closely behind semi trucks!