Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Paypal Blows..............

Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
GoatFiddyone is on a distinguished road

GoatFiddyone's Tacoma Gallery
Paypal Blows..............

If you're a good seller, watch your back with Paypal.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #2

I don't really know. Some ass filed a claim with them before he contacted me. The product was damaged in shipping and I got it resolved. I refunded his money and took a hit on the damaged product. I get this message today they are going to hold my funds for 21 days from here on out.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
I have ALWAYS had shitty service with paypal too!!!

and WTF is with the whole bank account thing. or if you try and start an account and they already have your card number so they wont let you I mean WTF!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
paypal is awesome for me
Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
paypal is awesome for me
x2 never had issues
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #6

And this transaction was well over a month ago.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
paypal is awesome for me
x3 nothing but good!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
send a check through usps then
Old 06-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
x3 nothing but good!
x4, but holding your money for 21 days is complete non-sense. i wouldn't want to ship something before the money clears. sometimes some rules just don't make sense.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwerks View Post
x4, but holding your money for 21 days is complete non-sense. i wouldn't want to ship something before the money clears. sometimes some rules just don't make sense.
x5
Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #12
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have never had a problem. It actually saved me one time when an Ebay seller was selling more product than she had so a lot of people got hit but I got my money back.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Never had a problem with Paypal but refuse to give them access to any of my bank accounts. They get the one credit card I opened the account with and that's it!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #14
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwerks View Post
I've never had a problem, but I had the same rules on my paypal account when I first opened it as well, and when they say "up to 21 days" they mean the full 21 no question.

As far as shipping it before the money clears, Paypal gets the money immediately so you know the buyer has paid, you just can't have it till they leave you positive feedback and a crappy buyer may not post it as soon as you'd like.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #15
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
x7
Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 AM   #16
FASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to allFASTK is a name known to all
Name: Gregg
FASTK's Tacoma Gallery
FYI...

PayPal does not get it's money immediately, the money from the buyers account will not actually arrive as good funds for at least 24 hours when paid with a debit card or checking account. That is because the FED clearing process is overnight.

Three week holding of funds is reasonable when you realize that even a cleared check can come back weeks later as unfunded once it finally has fully cleared the system. That is why the Nigerian money scams work when they send you a check for $200,000 and only ask for a small portion of the money when you cash it on their behalf.

The bank is exposed even after cashing a check until the money is actually removed from the funding account.

PayPal has created a safe Eco-system for buyers and seller to securely transact business. Before that you had to do chaser checks, checks or cash and none of those provided security to the buyer, who the who.e reason the seller makes any money. Quit whining, work on becoming a better risk through PayPal and you"ll find they can relax their restrictions.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTK View Post
Quit whining, work on becoming a better risk through PayPal and you"ll find they can relax their restrictions.
No whining here. It's complete bullshit they want to hold my money for 21 days when it's very clear I did nothing wrong.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
paypal is awesome for me
Same
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
GPV Helicopters inc
Hellomoto is on a distinguished road
Hellomoto's Tacoma Gallery
Paypal screwed me over more than once. I don't use them anymore
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #20
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
I love paypal, i just make sure anytime i send anything of real value i get it signed for, never had an issue on the selling end. I just really hate how long it takes to get money back when i've been screwed on ebay, and ebay will do absolutely nothing to help you except tell you to go to paypal