Notices

Nfab Nerf bars

Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
ICEMAN is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew C-130T Loadmaster
Name: Eric
ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Nfab Nerf bars

So I ordered a set of nfab wheel to wheel nerf bars like three weeks ago finally got them yesterday. i gotta say im not happy. paid the extra $90 to have them color matched which they told me would be powder coat, turns out it was paint. ok i can deal with that. well the paint looks like sh!t its got orange peel it needed a second coat that it didnt get you can see the black powder coat or whatever underneath and its "splotchy" in some spots. each bar also has a dime sized gouge in the paint that no doubt happened when they were shipped but when you use the thinnest bubble wrap known to man on 35lb bars...
also i opened the box to find that the hardware bag was torn open and the contents all over, i dont mind i treasure hunt but it was missing a bolt and three washers fml.
so i sent them an email and a pic to show them (which i will show you)
now before you judge me its alittle hard to see in the pics and i dont have any of the gouges because...well the paint is already shitty.
also im not really concerned about $1.44 worth of hardware but when i paid almost $600....
we will see what they say about the paint(my biggest bitch)
Attached Thumbnails
Nfab Nerf bars-img_0004.jpg   Nfab Nerf bars-img_0005.jpg   Nfab Nerf bars-img_0008.jpg  
Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #2

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
also my camera didnt catch it that well except in the first pic. im not being picky my buddies see it too
Old 07-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #3

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I got an email back from them and they offered to ship them back and make them right or send me a light bar i wanted for free! i took the free light bar and will repaint the nerf bars myself!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I basically had the exact same complaints you had on my set of n-fab bars on my Tundra. In the end, they came through. Go a new (sealed) bag of hardware and they sent me out a new bar for the one that had effed up powerdercoat (and mine was a powdercoat defect...not the shipping company).

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't, but they did come through after all was said and done.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #5

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
yeah a friend of mine reminded me that there is a paint booth on my base that i can use and ive got a pretty nice devilbis paint gun so i just decided i would keep them rather than have to send them back. plus the light bar is like $200 shipped so not such a bad deal. a guy i worked with said i should have told them i wanted a new light bar and them to pay the bill to get them painted out in town. i thought that would be asking alot!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
well it sounds like you came out on top! nice, always good to see someone making it right
Old 07-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I say grab a bottle of color matched touchup paint from the dealer and call it a day. I've had my N-Fabs for a couple years now. Debris from your tires will scratch the hell out of them. They only look brand new for a month. After that, my Sharpie fixed the scratches.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #8

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I say grab a bottle of color matched touchup paint from the dealer and call it a day. I've had my N-Fabs for a couple years now. Debris from your tires will scratch the hell out of them. They only look brand new for a month. After that, my Sharpie fixed the scratches.
Thats a good call I'll see what i can do for cheap!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #9

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
well it sounds like you came out on top! nice, always good to see someone making it right
For sure! i dont feel like holding them over the coals to squeeze everything i can get out of them. when i opened that email and he said i could have that light bar for free that was waaaaay more than i expected! so yeah im happy with the deal and thats all that matters