Notices

taco seat height

Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Cool taco seat height

has anyone raised the height of their seat? i am 5'6" and it seems like the seat is a bit low for me. an additional 1" or so would help a lot. any ideas?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod45 View Post
has anyone raised the height of their seat? i am 5'6" and it seems like the seat is a bit low for me. an additional 1" or so would help a lot. any ideas?
Haven't done it because I'm 6'3" and it works fine for me. You could probably unbolt seat rails and put some square stock aluminum under them and rebolt with longer bolts.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
5'6"?? Wtf? You must be asian!!!! Short ass!!! J/k I'm asian and 5'6"..I don't have complaints on the seat height but then again you have just the basic SR5 model seats, no? Or TRD seats? I got the TRD and they seem fine for me.

The block under the seat rail is a good idea.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
5'5"

I was thinking phone book for me. But for now I just stretch my neck and imitate a giraffe.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
5'6"?? Wtf? You must be asian!!!! Short ass!!! J/k I'm asian and 5'6"..I don't have complaints on the seat height but then again you have just the basic SR5 model seats, no? Or TRD seats? I got the TRD and they seem fine for me.

The block under the seat rail is a good idea.
I ment to say under the whole length of the seat rail not just blocks under bolts. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes

Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Get some 1" square tubing from Home Depot..you can cut it yourself with alot of hacksaw use, a 4 1/2" angle grinder, or if you have a chop saw..buy a metal blade for it.

Just do it across each rail..and for extra strength..if you have a welder, tack a square base together for rigidity.

No welder?..drill holes and use good quality hardware plus epoxy the corners for extra strength
Old 07-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
what model do you have? i’m 5’6 and can see out of the taco better than dads 2000 tundra. i can’t even see the hood at all on the tundra. i can on my taco tho.
edit: i do have the TRD OR.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

i'll get some blocks and longer bolts.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think modifying the seat to be higher is a good idea safety wise. I'm 6'0'' and I don't like the sporty feel of the seat. What I did to help though, put the seat closer to the wheel, raised the steering wheel far up and in (telescopic) as possible. Makes it "feel" higher.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Longtime Toyman

Old 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
waggoner.42 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
waggoner.42's Tacoma Gallery
I raised the seat in my truck using longer bolts and "post standoffs" from Home Depot. They are 4x4x1" plastic pieces used to put 4x4 post on and they already have a hole in the center. I used two under each side of the rear rails for about 2" of lift and it worked great for my wife.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

this is the link to the composite standoff.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'2" and can see pretty good. But I will agree that it is a low seating position. It's about like driving the F-350 at work, as far as seeing over the hood. I'm used to it now though. The thing that annoys me is the windows. I like to ride with the windows down when the weather is nice like this. But the window is up so high that it's an awkward and uncomfortable position to prop your arm on the window.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
New Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Fred
New Mexico Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know what you mean I am short waisted so I sent for a foam cushion from the Autosport web site and it works great.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #17
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggoner.42 View Post
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

this is the link to the composite standoff.
thanks Waggoner.42 I find the driver side mirror position a bit high and it hinders visibility. Don't want to put phone book or cushion on my leather seats as I'll be needing the heated seats soon...
Old 10-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Does she complain now its 2" further from the ground now?

I wanna drop mine 2".........long torso + low roofline + tall seat does not make a good viewing platform.....

Renders the visor useless, I haven't had it on for months, and now the ultrgauge fits better.

sent via rooted O.G. non I-Fone
Nope. I'm 5'9" and I prefer to drive it with the spacers in also as it gives a better vantage point. My 6'2" friend however could drive it, but said it felt awkward at his height.