Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Boztec rear diff skid

Old 08-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Boztec rear diff skid

does anyone have this? seems like people on AZFJ are impressed with it

http://www.boztec.us.com/reardiffskidplate.html
Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm designing something like this for all of our trucks hopefully I will have the 1st Gen prototype ready soon. The only thing I don't like about the Boztec is that it don't protect the pinion from being hit. And the 400 price is not so great.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
so you will be make a 2nd gen as well? hopefully better than 385!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
so you will be make a 2nd gen as well? hopefully better than 385!
Yes the 1st & 2nd Gen TRD 8.0 and the non TRD 8.4 and the E-locked 8.4 that the new Runners and FJ's have.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yes the 1st & 2nd Gen TRD 8.0 and the non TRD 8.4 and the E-locked 8.4 that the new Runners and FJ's have.
sweet keep me updated while putting on my shocks i saw that ive hit my diff a few times
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
sweet keep me updated while putting on my shocks i saw that ive hit my diff a few times
That what made start looking onto a diff skid. After looking at the prices on these things I decided to design my own. Hopefully the cost of mine will be a lot lower then the others out there but I really don't know. I really think the most of the cost of the Boztec is labor seeing how every seam it welded that takes time to weld and grind smooth. I have a 20 ton press brake to bend the steel so less labor to cut the cost down and make it stronger then a welded seam.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Sweet I'd gladly give you my business
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Of all the stock parts of the truck, the bottom of the rear diff is probably the last one that needs reinforcement.

I'd rather have a weld-on solution to reinforce or replace the REAR of the cover, because that's where the real vulnerability is.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Of all the stock parts of the truck, the bottom of the rear diff is probably the last one that needs reinforcement.

I'd rather have a weld-on solution to reinforce or replace the REAR of the cover, because that's where the real vulnerability is.
The rear of the diff is what the boztec protects tho
Old 08-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't seem to from the pictures...am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
O rly?

I wonder if that new 8.4 e-locked rear bolts up to our trucks...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Doesn't seem to from the pictures...am I missing something?

O rly?

I wonder if that new 8.4 e-locked rear bolts up to our trucks...
Check TW live I sent a pic
Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
For sure its cool, just for that much $$$ and not covering the pinion Kinda defeats the purpose i have never heard of someone denting the bottom of the axle they are gusseted pretty well. A $50 weld on will protect the back. Although this will keep the rear from hanging up a bit.