Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Automotivetouchup.com

Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #21
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
you wouldnt primer? i was going to do this pretty much exactly but with the same paint you used mixed to be BSP 209

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ng-grille.html

But i did order the automotivetouchup.com high gloss clear and prep solvent along with two cans of paint. on the way gonna get sandpaper adhesion promoter and primer today.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
you wouldnt primer? i was going to do this pretty much exactly but with the same paint you used mixed to be BSP 209

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ng-grille.html

But i did order the automotivetouchup.com high gloss clear and prep solvent along with two cans of paint. on the way gonna get sandpaper adhesion promoter and primer today.
no i didnt primer because the old color was white, new is red. and i know some primers are white. ive never had an issue with painting over old paint without priming unless it was a dark color to begin with and you were painting it a light color. vise versa you would be fine.

the eyelids come dark grey but you are going to want to sand them when you get them to get out all of the imperfections in the fiberglass before painting
Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #24
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the link I just ordered some paint for my truck too.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #25
Fargin Bastage is on a distinguished road
Name: Fargin
Fargin Bastage's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I used the Metallic Grey from Automotivetouchup and it matched my 2011 paint perfect.
They even send you a card to paint so you can be sure it matches before painting anything important.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #26
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin Bastage View Post
I used the Metallic Grey from Automotivetouchup and it matched my 2011 paint perfect.
They even send you a card to paint so you can be sure it matches before painting anything important.
good
Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #27
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
good
is your truck barcelona red? I'm looking at painting a few items on my truck and i know the barcelona red can be a royal PITA to match.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
is your truck barcelona red? I'm looking at painting a few items on my truck and i know the barcelona red can be a royal PITA to match.
yes, its barcelona red mica. the paint from this website matched PERFECTLY.

i did multiple coats to completely cover my eyelids, then 3 coats of clear and i was good to go.

if you use this website, just make sure you follow the directions on the can EXACTLY and you shouldnt have any issues, as long as you know how to spray paint properly lol
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #29
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes, its barcelona red mica. the paint from this website matched PERFECTLY.

i did multiple coats to completely cover my eyelids, then 3 coats of clear and i was good to go.

if you use this website, just make sure you follow the directions on the can EXACTLY and you shouldnt have any issues, as long as you know how to spray paint properly lol

i'm looking to do a color matched satoshi grill. This is what i was looking for. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #30
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
i'm looking to do a color matched satoshi grill. This is what i was looking for. Thanks.
No problem adam, take your time and you should be good to go!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #31
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed, finding impulse red ANYWHERE is a big PITA so I'll be ordering some soon
Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #32
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
nice post
Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #34
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Has anyone tried the paint pens? I really need to cover up some rock chips.
You talkin about the pens from autozone or discount auto parts? They suck lol. Tried it on my old 2010 super white and it didnt match, not even close
Old 12-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #35
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
I think he might be talking about the touch up pens that the company you are talking about in this thread offers. I went through the process yesterday just to see the prices and noticed they offer "paint pens"
Old 12-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #36
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You talkin about the pens from autozone or discount auto parts? They suck lol. Tried it on my old 2010 super white and it didnt match, not even close
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
I think he might be talking about the touch up pens that the company you are talking about in this thread offers. I went through the process yesterday just to see the prices and noticed they offer "paint pens"

Yes the paint pens from automotive touch up. Has anyone tried them yet?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #37
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Automotive touchup products are just great. They hold up really well and I've never had a can not match up perfectly.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #38
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Yes the paint pens from automotive touch up. Has anyone tried them yet?
ok lol i wasnt sure. if its anything like their aerosol paint, im sure it will be perfect
Old 03-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #39
Cruising the Outer Rim...
CPalmer is on a distinguished road
CPalmer's Tacoma Gallery
DD:

I ordered this to paint the LED housing that I will be using on my Metallic Gray '13. The paint matches really well. However, I am on my 7th or 8th coat of clear coat and there is barely a luster showing. This is the AutomotiveTouchup brand and yes, I bought everything at the same time. How many coats did you apply before you had that kind of a luster/shine?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #40
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
can't see the pics at work (government computer blocks them), but mind if i ask where you got the trex eyelids from?