Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Automotivetouchup.com

Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Automotivetouchup.com

updated in post #6

wanted to share a good positive review with all of you.
i wanted to paint my trex eyelids to put on my Xrunner, and i HATE duplicolor "perfect" match because it DOESNT match for s**t.

i started looking around online for matched paints in a spray can and i came across www.automotivetouchup.com

they blend every can per order to exact factory paint specifications and it is top notch paint and aerosol mix that just goes on beautiful, unlike any other spray paint i have ever used.

(unfortunantly) i only had time to paint today, no time to put on my truck due to rain, but here is the final result.

the pics arnt the best because they are off my phone but it matches PERFECTLY to the stock paint color, even down to the mica (paint flecks)

Old 08-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice! thats good to know man thanks!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. i been looking for some touch up aerosol paint. looks like u did a good job laying it on too!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_TACO4x4 View Post
awesome. i been looking for some touch up aerosol paint. looks like u did a good job laying it on too!
yea man, i have honestly never seen spray paint go on as nicely as this did. it looks sooo close to what an actual paint gun can do but you deffinently need to follow the directions to a tee
Old 08-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
maestroz2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
maestroz2's Tacoma Gallery
i used this same company to paint my tailgate handle.

came out really nice.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Bam-Ba-Lam

**UPDATE**

just finished puttin the eyelids on and i gotta give myself and A+ hahaaa

please ignore my dirty ass truck, it rained yesterday

Old 08-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Great find! Bookmarked for later, thanks
Old 08-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Great find! Bookmarked for later, thanks
no problem justin
Old 08-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
did you clear coat also? those look awesome. How much did you pay for a can?
Edit: Nvm just looked it up, How much of the pint size can did you use?
Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
did you clear coat also? those look awesome. How much did you pay for a can?
Edit: Nvm just looked it up, How much of the pint size can did you use?
Yes i clear coated. I used about 1/3 a can, but i wanted them to be perfect, thats why i used so much
Old 08-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
what process did you use to paint them? i plan to use this paint to paint my chrome grill soon.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
what process did you use to paint them? i plan to use this paint to paint my chrome grill soon.
just follow the directions on the can EXACTLY. and buy automotive touchup brand clear coat
Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
TKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TKY's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the link...I've been trying to figure out what brand of paint I would use to color-match my chrome bumper.

How far did your spray can go? Any thoughts on how many cans one would need for a rear bumper, eyelids, tailgate latch, and mirror covers?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
I used about 1/3 a can, but i wanted them to be perfect, thats why i used so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKY View Post
How far did your spray can go?

does this answer your question?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I used automotivetouchup for my satoshi project and as op stated the paint matched perfectly. I have pics of the grill on my truck if u wanna c how close the match is. Stuff works real good n is a very good product n went on my grill unlike any other spraycan I have used. Give every coat ample amount of time to dry especially the clear coat. I used automotivetouchup brand clear coat and couldn't be happier with the outcome if I need paint again I am definitely going to go with them again.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #16
TKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TKY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
does this answer your question?
Ah...that's what I get for having so many tabs open.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #17
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the website, I just ordered some paint from them! Appreciate the link & your truck looks fantastic!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #18
Bam-Ba-Lam

thanks judy
Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
thanks Jason, did you buy the Adhesion promoter and primer from them? im thinking about getting all the supplies from them to paint my grille. 1 can should be enough correct?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #20
Bam-Ba-Lam

schiz, i didnt use adhesion promotor because they were already painted from being on my old truck. if you are goin to do your whole grill, i would buy two cans, sand the sh*t out of your grill, clean it and then paint with adhesion promoter, paint, then clearcoat