LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Roadmaster Active Suspension

Old 08-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Roadmaster Active Suspension

After first hooking my travel trailer up, 3500lbs. dry weight, and towing it to a service shop for maintenace I decided I needed to beef up the rear suspension. TSB aside I decided to give the Roadmaster system a try as they advertised it didn't affect the empty ride. I also use the the Reese weight distributing hitch. I've only taken one trip, total 600 miles, but was please with how it handled. my wet/loaded weight is around 4000lbs and I allways fill my water tank before leaving on trips, I just like the water better. I kept the speed between 60 and 65 mph from Salt Lake City to Wells Nevada with a fair amount of crosswinds and 60 mph going south to Ruby Lake on 2 lane roads. The last 20 miles was fairly well kept dirt road but had plenty of pot holes and wash board sections and I drove 35-40 mph. Never did I feel uncomfortable with the handling. I had no sway problems even when passing semi trucks going the other way on a 2 lane road or following semi trucks. Handles bumps and dips well.

When I first put the Roadmaster system on and drove my regular commute I really didn't notice any difference, maybe a little firmer in back. The roadmasters come with two spacers to adjust the spring tension for either 25% or 40% added capacity and I set mine for 25%.

The only drawback to this system would be off roading. Flexing may cause the brackets to hit the frame as the stick up as high as the rubber stops.

Installation took 1 hour and I had to slightly bend one brake line to keep it from rubbing on the bracket. I had these on for 3 months with no problems.

http://www.activesuspension.com/imag...f/appguide.pdf

Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
hgfontana is on a distinguished road
Name: Hernan
hgfontana's Tacoma Gallery
I just curious why do you install this active suspension and not the Firestone air bags?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Once installed no futher adjustments needed. Is it better than air bags? Couldn't say.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
think this will fit on my regular cab lowered 4 inches in the back?? Really need somthing to hold up my rear while i tow my bike in the bed. 500lbs in the bed of the regular cab is a lot!!! lol
Old 06-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #5

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Take a look at the brackets in relation to the bump stops and compare that to how your axle sits in relation to the frame. These may not work with a lowered vehicle.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery

It works Did this raise your ride a little? maybe like an inch? I have it set on 40% additonal load capacity. hoping if i put it to 25% it will ocme back down. But if not hey i can live with a 3 inch instead of 4 inch drop with a bility to actually haul without the dust cover on my drive shaft making weird noises as it rubs. lol
Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #7

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool, looks like it works better on yours than mine clearance wise. I did notice it raised mine (mine at 25%) but with the leer shell on it' about stock. I was thinking of cranking them up to 40% because with my slide-in camper and trailer combo I only have about 3" before I hit the frame. The threaded shaft on mine have rusted real bad because of the salt used on the roads here.

Products Discussed in this Thread