Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

FoldaCover G4 Elite and Bedslide SR10 Review

Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #21
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, the folda-cover website folks posted in another thread, if you use the code Tacomaworld25 you'll get another $25 off. They had free shipping the other day when I was looking at them too. I'm still debating getting one of these myself.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
I might have to check this cover out since I've heard alot of negative reviews on the backflip ones
Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #23
Zonktified has a spectacular aura aboutZonktified has a spectacular aura about

Name: Rob
Zonktified's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having a tough time deciding too. I'm stuck between the Fold a Cover and the Flip Bak. Being able to keep the rails and locking are the positives, but being able to use the entire bed is also a positive... What about complete removal of either of these covers? Is there anything else we are missing for those of us who are on the fence?

I would like to get one before "Old man winter" comes along...
Old 10-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
Jonah is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
Jonah's Tacoma Gallery
For the Fold A Cover, there are 4 bolts to remove for full bed access. It takes just a few minutes to remove and reinstall. For me, folding the cover all the way forward gives all the bed access I need to carry lumber and plywood.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
For the Fold A Cover, there are 4 bolts to remove for full bed access. It takes just a few minutes to remove and reinstall. For me, folding the cover all the way forward gives all the bed access I need to carry lumber and plywood.
I'm sort of in the same camp Joe. So did you go with the BackFlip then? or the Fold A Cover? Opinion of the one you have?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #26
Jonah is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
Jonah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonktified View Post
I'm sort of in the same camp Joe. So did you go with the BackFlip then? or the Fold A Cover? Opinion of the one you have?
Fold a cover. See post #15 for my comments. I'm really pleased with it.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not only am I happy with the G4 cover, now that I have lived with it for a while, I can confidently say that it is a quality made product. I am a pretty harsh critic and do not freely throw out accolades like that.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. It was really easy to install. Very good quality parts. Took me roughly 2.5 hrs to install and make the adjustments. Love my G4 Elite
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #29

Thanks for the responses guys...much appreciated. With winter approaching I need to make up my mind fairly soon..

Oh..and another question..may have been answered elswhere, but are the OEM bed rails/tracks still useable after install? Unlike that with the Bakflip?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #30
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
^ yes....the bed rail track is still useable....u will like the G4....its an awesome cover
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #31
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys...much appreciated. With winter approaching I need to make up my mind fairly soon..

Oh..and another question..may have been answered elswhere, but are the OEM bed rails/tracks still useable after install? Unlike that with the Bakflip?
cheaper on eghey
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fold-a-Cover...114#vi-content
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #32
Sock is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Sock's Tacoma Gallery
For those with the G4 elite on long bed, are there any gaps? THe FAC website has the lengths listed as 6'1" and 6'6', but the bed length is actually listed as 6'1.5". Does that extra half inch get covered? or is it an invitation for the rain/water to get through?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #33
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
TruckGuy, does the 6' model fit the Double Cab Long Bed? I see in your post you break it down so only the regular and access cabs have a 6' bed but there is a DCLB version of the truck. I'm not positive if the bed is the same as the reg/access cab's 6' bed.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #34
Navy:
Sock's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Awesome! I'll be ordering mine today!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #35
Neutron1212 is on a distinguished road
Navy: technical passenger, SSN 587
Neutron1212's Tacoma Gallery
I am wanting to install the Bedslide 1000 Pro SE in my 2012 LB. How did the installer fasten yours to the composite bed? I am concerned about the leverage applied when the slide is extended acting to pull any fasteners up thru the composite. Any issues you have found?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #36
Navy:
Sock's Tacoma Gallery
TruckGuy, are all of the G4 Elites from the FAC Factory store come with the upgraded windseals that I'm reading about in the other threads. Apparently there were some concerns with the adhesive and potentially having to add some caulking to prevent leaks. Supposedly, there's some updated windseals that are clamped down instead. Are those the standard ones coming out of the FAC store now?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #37

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post
TruckGuy, are all of the G4 Elites from the FAC Factory store come with the upgraded windseals that I'm reading about in the other threads. Apparently there were some concerns with the adhesive and potentially having to add some caulking to prevent leaks. Supposedly, there's some updated windseals that are clamped down instead. Are those the standard ones coming out of the FAC store now?
If you read his longer post, he confirmed that they do.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #38
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
Since May, they have been delivering the new version that has the wind seals bolt onto the track instead of being glued down. That's when i bought mine direct from Steffen Industries.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #39
Jim Pearson is on a distinguished road
Name: JIM
Jim Pearson's Tacoma Gallery
Bedslide

I like your set up. I am looking at placing an ARE-CX bed cap on top and a Bedslide in the bed.
Did you talk to anyone who has had the Bedslide for three years or longer? I wonder if the fittings will come loose and rattle as the years of wear and tear take its toll.
I am primarily going to use the bedslide to place scuba tanks on and other scuba equipment. I figure the bedslide will save my back. I won't have to crawl on hands and knees to retrieve equipment.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #40

As a result of this write-up/review, I just recently purchased the Fold A Cover. While overlooking the cover when it was delivered, I noticed that the panels varied in width from the cab end to the tailgate end. I contacted Steffens Ent. to inquire about this before begining the installation process incase I had to return it. Stacie from their CS replied and stated that some of their covers do taper in width from the cab to the tailgate....and going back to some of the first pictures by the OP, it does look like the difference in panel width is consistant with the one I received.

ALSO!!
I just heard back from Stacie, the customer rep from Steffens Enterprises. She has confirmed that some of their covers do taper in size, relative to their width, from the cab to the tailgate to follow the shape of the bed. So I guess I'm good to go with the install this weekend.

In addition, she also extended their $25 coupon offer to members of TW if you put in the coupon code window (TacomaWorld25)...she applied this even AFTER I placed my order. Not sure how much time passes to where they will not do this, i just placed my order this past Friday and actually received my comver on Tuesday of this week....ubber fast, free shipping....can't beat that!

Kudos to Steffens Ent. for taking care of their customers and TW members!!