1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FoldaCover G4 Elite and Bedslide SR10 Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by junglefighter25, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Sep 14, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    BTW, the folda-cover website folks posted in another thread, if you use the code Tacomaworld25 you'll get another $25 off. They had free shipping the other day when I was looking at them too. I'm still debating getting one of these myself.

2. Sep 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I might have to check this cover out since I've heard alot of negative reviews on the backflip ones

3. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    Zonktified

Zonktified Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    I'm having a tough time deciding too. I'm stuck between the Fold a Cover and the Flip Bak. Being able to keep the rails and locking are the positives, but being able to use the entire bed is also a positive... What about complete removal of either of these covers? Is there anything else we are missing for those of us who are on the fence?

I would like to get one before "Old man winter" comes along...

4. Oct 5, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    Jonah

Jonah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD O/R 4x4
    5100s F&R, TSB leaf springs, N-Fab steps, bed lights
    For the Fold A Cover, there are 4 bolts to remove for full bed access. It takes just a few minutes to remove and reinstall. For me, folding the cover all the way forward gives all the bed access I need to carry lumber and plywood.

5. Oct 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    Zonktified

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    I'm sort of in the same camp Joe. So did you go with the BackFlip then? or the Fold A Cover? Opinion of the one you have?

6. Oct 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    Jonah

Jonah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD O/R 4x4
    5100s F&R, TSB leaf springs, N-Fab steps, bed lights
    Fold a cover. See post #15 for my comments. I'm really pleased with it.

7. Oct 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    Spruce Juice

Spruce Juice Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2012 4 x 4
    Fold A Cover, Factory Class 4 Hitch with Factory Harness, Cruise, Int Wipers, TRD Alloys, Fogs, K&N Air Filter
    Not only am I happy with the G4 cover, now that I have lived with it for a while, I can confidently say that it is a quality made product. I am a pretty harsh critic and do not freely throw out accolades like that.

8. Oct 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Same here. It was really easy to install. Very good quality parts. Took me roughly 2.5 hrs to install and make the adjustments. Love my G4 Elite :thumbsup:

9. Oct 9, 2012 at 4:40 AM
    Zonktified

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks for the responses guys...much appreciated. With winter approaching I need to make up my mind fairly soon..:eek:

Oh..and another question..may have been answered elswhere, but are the OEM bed rails/tracks still useable after install? Unlike that with the Bakflip?

10. Oct 9, 2012 at 5:14 AM
    Chad7088

Chad7088 Old Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    19th state
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Tacoma Off Road DCSB 4x4 MT
    Lots to come
    ^ yes....the bed rail track is still useable....u will like the G4....its an awesome cover

11. Oct 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Oct 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    Sock

Sock New Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB
    For those with the G4 elite on long bed, are there any gaps? THe FAC website has the lengths listed as 6'1" and 6'6', but the bed length is actually listed as 6'1.5". Does that extra half inch get covered? or is it an invitation for the rain/water to get through?

13. Oct 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    TruckGuy, does the 6' model fit the Double Cab Long Bed? I see in your post you break it down so only the regular and access cabs have a 6' bed but there is a DCLB version of the truck. I'm not positive if the bed is the same as the reg/access cab's 6' bed.

14. Oct 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM
    Sock

Sock New Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB
    Awesome! I'll be ordering mine today!!!

15. Oct 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    Neutron1212

Neutron1212 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport
    I am wanting to install the Bedslide 1000 Pro SE in my 2012 LB. How did the installer fasten yours to the composite bed? I am concerned about the leverage applied when the slide is extended acting to pull any fasteners up thru the composite. Any issues you have found?

16. Oct 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    Sock

Sock New Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB
    TruckGuy, are all of the G4 Elites from the FAC Factory store come with the upgraded windseals that I'm reading about in the other threads. Apparently there were some concerns with the adhesive and potentially having to add some caulking to prevent leaks. Supposedly, there's some updated windseals that are clamped down instead. Are those the standard ones coming out of the FAC store now?

17. Oct 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    bjboucher

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    If you read his longer post, he confirmed that they do.

18. Oct 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Spruce Juice

Spruce Juice Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2012 4 x 4
    Fold A Cover, Factory Class 4 Hitch with Factory Harness, Cruise, Int Wipers, TRD Alloys, Fogs, K&N Air Filter
    Since May, they have been delivering the new version that has the wind seals bolt onto the track instead of being glued down. That's when i bought mine direct from Steffen Industries.

19. Nov 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    Jim Pearson

Jim Pearson New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    WEXFORD, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 with 6 foot bed
    I like your set up. I am looking at placing an ARE-CX bed cap on top and a Bedslide in the bed.
    Did you talk to anyone who has had the Bedslide for three years or longer? I wonder if the fittings will come loose and rattle as the years of wear and tear take its toll.
    I am primarily going to use the bedslide to place scuba tanks on and other scuba equipment. I figure the bedslide will save my back. I won't have to crawl on hands and knees to retrieve equipment.

20. Nov 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    Zonktified

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    As a result of this write-up/review, I just recently purchased the Fold A Cover. While overlooking the cover when it was delivered, I noticed that the panels varied in width from the cab end to the tailgate end. I contacted Steffens Ent. to inquire about this before begining the installation process incase I had to return it. Stacie from their CS replied and stated that some of their covers do taper in width from the cab to the tailgate....and going back to some of the first pictures by the OP, it does look like the difference in panel width is consistant with the one I received.

ALSO!!
    I just heard back from Stacie, the customer rep from Steffens Enterprises. She has confirmed that some of their covers do taper in size, relative to their width, from the cab to the tailgate to follow the shape of the bed. So I guess I'm good to go with the install this weekend.

In addition, she also extended their $25 coupon offer to members of TW if you put in the coupon code window (TacomaWorld25)...she applied this even AFTER I placed my order. Not sure how much time passes to where they will not do this, i just placed my order this past Friday and actually received my comver on Tuesday of this week....ubber fast, free shipping....can't beat that!

Kudos to Steffens Ent. for taking care of their customers and TW members!! :bowdown:

Products Discussed in

To Top