Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

FoldaCover G4 Elite and Bedslide SR10 Review

Old 09-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #61
Andy Standard is on a distinguished road
Andy Standard's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my cover for the Labor Day weekend sale and used the "TacomaWorld25" discount code. With free shipping, it came out to $755 WOOT. Can't wait for Monday!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #62
ThatMattGuy is on a distinguished road

Army: 31P Microwave Systems Operator-Maintainer 1998-2003
Name: Matthew
ThatMattGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Standard View Post
I ordered my cover for the Labor Day weekend sale and used the "TacomaWorld25" discount code. With free shipping, it came out to $755 WOOT. Can't wait for Monday!
I just tried to use that TacomaWorld25 coupon and now it says
Coupon not available. Possible reasons:
- the coupon code you entered is incorrect;
- the coupon can be used only by a registered customer;
- the coupon is disabled or expired.
I am registered so thats not it. For 820 I will wait for a better deal. Coupon was good for over a year and now its dead when I want to use it? Darn you Murphy!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #63
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
You could always call or e-mail them, they might still honor the discount. Can't hurt.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #64
Andy Standard is on a distinguished road
Andy Standard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMattGuy View Post
I am registered so thats not it. For 820 I will wait for a better deal. Coupon was good for over a year and now its dead when I want to use it? Darn you Murphy!
Not sure why, but yeah I would wait on another weekend sale from Fold a Cover to get additional discounts otherwise it does get pretty steep
Old 10-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #65
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMattGuy View Post
You can get it for about $705 with free shipping if you wait till november/december.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #66
l tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to alll tacoMAS l is a name known to all
l tacoMAS l's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Halloween... G4 still working great!

Hello all... I just wanted to report back with a follow-up on my G4 elite cover.

It has been ~10 months that I've had my cover installed and I could not be happier with its performance thus far. The install (~3-4hrs if you're OCD) of this particular cover was By Far the worst part of choosing it.
The contents of my truck bed have remained dry, aside from the occasional moisture on Very Rainy/Snowy days, and as of today, all of the latches and weatherstripping have remained intact & fully functional as well. I have moved many items in the bed of my truck, including furniture, which I would have been forced to remove a topper in order to do. Also, I have performed the pop-n-lock & tailgate theft mods on my tailgate as well, so between these three, I feel very comfortable leaving my golf clubs or any other relatively important/expensive items in the bed of my truck with everything locked up. Granted, this is NOT Ft Knox by any means, but enough I think to prevent 90% of would be theives from attempting to break in simply to see if there is anything worthwhile to take in the bed.

All in all, I am extremely satisfied with my G4 and would certainly recommend it to any fellow TWs looking for this particular solution for their Tacomas...
I hope this is helpful for anyone trying to decide on a cover...

Cheers & Happy Halloween!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #67
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all... I just wanted to report back with a follow-up on my G4 elite cover.

It has been ~10 months that I've had my cover installed and I could not be happier with its performance thus far. The install (~3-4hrs if you're OCD) of this particular cover was By Far the worst part of choosing it.
The contents of my truck bed have remained dry, aside from the occasional moisture on Very Rainy/Snowy days, and as of today, all of the latches and weatherstripping have remained intact & fully functional as well. I have moved many items in the bed of my truck, including furniture, which I would have been forced to remove a topper in order to do. Also, I have performed the pop-n-lock & tailgate theft mods on my tailgate as well, so between these three, I feel very comfortable leaving my golf clubs or any other relatively important/expensive items in the bed of my truck with everything locked up. Granted, this is NOT Ft Knox by any means, but enough I think to prevent 90% of would be theives from attempting to break in simply to see if there is anything worthwhile to take in the bed.

All in all, I am extremely satisfied with my G4 and would certainly recommend it to any fellow TWs looking for this particular solution for their Tacomas...
I hope this is helpful for anyone trying to decide on a cover...

I have had my cover for 15 months now and I also installed the pop-n-lock for the tailgate. Yes, my experience of the cover is identical to yours on all counts. I do think though, that the cover could be more secure if the rear most flap by the tailgate has a moulded lip so that the gap is not almost 1". All one needs to do to open the flap is reach in and pull on the cable.