1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roll-up Tonneau: Access Literider

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by JPHoyle1, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sep 6, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    JPHoyle1

JPHoyle1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCSB MT
    Hello,
    I'm new to TW (since i just got my first Tacoma this past Wednesday). The first purchase i plan to make is a roll up tonneau cover. I have been hunting online and on TW for reviews and found some to be very helpful. I am leaning towards the Access Literider but could not find any posts specific to this model. If anyone can help, just looking for some basic information:

1. I'm leaning towards the Literider since it seems a few of the lower pro models don't allow use of the factory rails. Is that correct? It seems like 1.5" of clearance allow use of factory rails but 1" or less does not?
    2. Do the factory rails need to be removed during the install?
    3. Is autoanything.com the best bet for price/reliability?
    4. Is the TrailSeal (or equivalent) a must?
    5. I am concerned with how waterproof this is going to be. I'm not going to have books kicking around the back but i'd like to not have to worry about my bags staying dry in the rain/snow.

I apologize if this has been covered in another post. I searched around and couldn't find anything so if that'st he case, just point me in the right direction.

Any feedback, info, pictures, reviews would be helpful. If you have any suggestions for comparable roll ups please feel free to let me know.

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I love my Access Limited. No experience with the literider though. Can still use the rails and it's fairly watertight. Not to say it doesn't leak a little around the front and back.

Go with truckalterations.com for the tonneau whichever you get. They have a special page with cheaper prices...

3. Sep 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
  4. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    JPHoyle1

JPHoyle1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCSB MT
    thanks for the info John! for 100+ bucks cheaper might be going with the Literider rather than the Limited. i'll give it a while and see if anyone else has any input. thanks again.

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    Steve J

Steve J Steve J

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Canyon Country Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab 4x2
    Avid front light bar, Avid bolt on sliders, Avid rear bumper protector, T-Rex grill & bumper insert. Still lots to do though.
    I recently picked up a 2012 Taco & the roll up cover is going to be my first purchase for her. I was pretty much wondering the same things but was leaning towards the Access Vanish.

Products Discussed in

To Top