Notices

Roll-up Tonneau: Access Literider

Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
JPHoyle1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JPHoyle1's Tacoma Gallery
Roll-up Tonneau: Access Literider

Hello,
I'm new to TW (since i just got my first Tacoma this past Wednesday). The first purchase i plan to make is a roll up tonneau cover. I have been hunting online and on TW for reviews and found some to be very helpful. I am leaning towards the Access Literider but could not find any posts specific to this model. If anyone can help, just looking for some basic information:

1. I'm leaning towards the Literider since it seems a few of the lower pro models don't allow use of the factory rails. Is that correct? It seems like 1.5" of clearance allow use of factory rails but 1" or less does not?
2. Do the factory rails need to be removed during the install?
3. Is autoanything.com the best bet for price/reliability?
4. Is the TrailSeal (or equivalent) a must?
5. I am concerned with how waterproof this is going to be. I'm not going to have books kicking around the back but i'd like to not have to worry about my bags staying dry in the rain/snow.

I apologize if this has been covered in another post. I searched around and couldn't find anything so if that'st he case, just point me in the right direction.

Any feedback, info, pictures, reviews would be helpful. If you have any suggestions for comparable roll ups please feel free to let me know.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Access Limited. No experience with the literider though. Can still use the rails and it's fairly watertight. Not to say it doesn't leak a little around the front and back.

Go with truckalterations.com for the tonneau whichever you get. They have a special page with cheaper prices...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the link:
http://www.truckalterations.com/html/toyotanation.html
Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
JPHoyle1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JPHoyle1's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info John! for 100+ bucks cheaper might be going with the Literider rather than the Limited. i'll give it a while and see if anyone else has any input. thanks again.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Steve J
Steve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteve J is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steve J's Tacoma Gallery
I recently picked up a 2012 Taco & the roll up cover is going to be my first purchase for her. I was pretty much wondering the same things but was leaning towards the Access Vanish.