1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BL-805c 7" 100-watt Offroad Lamp Kit Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by snowgod06, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 [OP] UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    Well, lets start out with the company that hooked me up with a set of lights.That company is automatcentral, and their customer service is BEYOND AMAZING. Shipping of the product was fast like always, and the transaction is a snap. That being said lets jump into this...

Here is the kit i received.
    BL-805c 7" 100-watt Offroad Lamp Kit

First off in the kit you receive everything in this image, EXCEPT a relay and the wiring for the relay. Everything else tho is included and install is a easy task.
    [​IMG]

The lights are a plastic housing, glass lens 7''. Quality is perfect for the weekend warrior, and will get the job done. The install for this kit is super easy, the kit comes with instructions but just looking at the kit you see where things need to go.

Two simple grounds to mount, a connection to the battery and install the switch. Which brings me to my only complaint about the kit, the switch. I personally am not a fan of the style of switch(looks and size), but i assure you it can handle the power load through it.

Over all for the price it is a STEAL of a deal, and everyone should jump at these for their next lighting project. SO...now for the pics, basically everyone has a understanding by now on the mounting for the satoshi grille so didnt take to many pictures of it.

ENJOY :D
    Here is the simple mounting location.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see all the space between the lights and grille.
    [​IMG]

All set in.
    [​IMG]

Power is running.
    [​IMG]

Once again I would like to thank automatcentral, and I hope this short review was helpful for future buyers.

2. Sep 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    seems sweet, i would love to see a good pic of front view at night showing what your lighting up.

3. Sep 13, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    FFRNDAN

FFRNDAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Edinburg, Oh
    Vehicle:
    09 Acess Cab 4x4 MGM
    Looks great, especially the price. Two requests for pics: How you mounted the lights (I am guessing the two bolts you showed above), also a comparison of the light output to stock high/low beam headlights. Thanks!

4. Sep 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 [OP] UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    No problem fellas, ill get to it tonight and get them up for ya.

5. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    Pics, please!! These are exactly what I want when I do my satoshi and light install. I guess I could do the lights before I do the satoshi though. :spy:

Products Discussed in

To Top