Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Exactseatcovers.com Endura Seat Cover Review

Old 09-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
skiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
skiracer0112's Tacoma Gallery
Exactseatcovers.com Endura Seat Cover Review

So I ordered this set of seat covers last weekend, they arrived Wednesday and I installed today. Since there didn't seem to be much info on here about this company and their covers so I thought I would post a review.

Ordering:
I ordered these covers through ebay on sunday of last weekend and they were very quickly shipped as these are an off the shelf design. Custom orders seem to take a week or so longer.

The Covers:
I ordered the endura fabric as they are a waterproof fabric. Their site describes them as a synthetic canvas like material. This is a fair assessment, although I would more closely compare them to the heavy nylon that high quality backpacks are made from. They are attached through nylon webbing that is fed through and under the seats with cinch buckles on the other end. The back seats are attached with velcro at the bottom and the middle of the back of the 60 section of the seat. The fit on the seats is very tight, especially when you are first installing them. They seem to be very well designed to fit very well, especially for a non stretchable fabric. The company that sells these seat covers is based in Texas but the packaging indicates that they are manufactured somewhere in central america (sorry I already threw away the package so I don't know exactly where).

Installation:
All I can say is that these seats are a real pain to get covers on, I am sure that this is not an issue with any particular cover but rather the design Toyota put into the seats. They are tight to get the covers over and with all of the wires and supports under the seat. It does take a bit of patience to get it right and not put any stress on the wires but once you tweak it into place the covers fit well. One of the biggest things that may take a bit more coordination is keeping the velcro on the back seats from sticking to the carpet when feeding it under the bottom of the seat. Of another note is that the front buckets are one peice covers and you have to feed a flap through between the back and bottom cushions. That also necessitates releasing the factory flap on the back and bottom of the seat and reattaching it after its installed.

Overall Impression
I am very pleased with these covers overall especially for the price. The total including shipping came out to $129.02. Once they were installed the only negative that I have noticed is that the cover's design does not take into account the lumbar support knob so it doesn't sit fully flush with the lower part of the seat. The covers are somewhat wrinkled but I'm sure that they will smooth out as they wear in.

I have attached some pictures of the covers installed.

Thanks for reading my first TW review!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
skiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskiracer0112 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Look pretty decent and a nice review. Good job!
Thanks! Since there wasn't much information on these covers on the site I thought I would share my experience with them. Its only been a few days but the wrinkles have smoothed out a good bit and they have worn in well over the first few days.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
I got the same kind as your in 4 months already and it fit perfect .
Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanga700 View Post
I got the same kind as your in 4 months already and it fit perfect .
Did yours have the same issue with the lumbar knob?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiracer0112 View Post
Did yours have the same issue with the lumbar knob?
None at all . it was fit perfect. I purchased mine on Amazon but the seller told me money back guarrantee if not fit .
call the company where you bought and tell them what happen they might send you new set .
Old 10-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Now that you've both had these awhile how are you liking them?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Now that you've both had these awhile how are you liking them?
I loved my seat covers . They're waterproof and very easy to clean and they still look great for awhile .
Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Great to hear that you like them. How much did they come to for front and rear with shipping?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Quote:
Great to hear that you like them. How much did they come to for front and rear with shipping?
Mine were right at about $130 through ebay. I really like them, I would definitely buy from them again. The lumbar knob issue I have addressed though tucking in the excess behind the plastic and now you would never know that there wasn't a cutout. They are also much less wrinkled and fit very well.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #11

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
This eBay vendor refused to pay for return shipping for sending me the wrong covers. I escalated it to eBay for them to make a final decision. Ebay decided in my favor and are paying for return shipping. The seller still did not admit a mistake and left feedback making it sound as if it were my fault. If you don't mind possibly getting the wrong covers and poor customer suppport, the covers themselves are okay for the money. But I guess you get what you pay for in the end, and I received nothing but frustration from this seller. If something were to happen to the covers, I doubt you'd receive any help.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #12

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suggest putting your money elsewhere. This seller refused to help and in the end, he lost the battle to refund my money.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #13
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd suggest putting your money elsewhere. This seller refused to help and in the end, he lost the battle to refund my money.
noted,

OP, u have updates on the seats? as through your review you said the wrinkles would smooth out, but through the pics it seems they just dont fit as snuggly, how is it now?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #14
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice, I wouldn't pick that color but to each there own