Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Whose your go-to auto parts store?

Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Rye is on a distinguished road
Marines: Semper fi
Rye's Tacoma Gallery
Whose your go-to auto parts store?

I have had different experiences and was wondering how much is purely local, and how much might be due to the chains themselves.

Autozone - they are always eager to pull a trouble code for me for free, but they don't seem to know much about actually working on cars, also thier selection is limited. They are everywhere around here.

O'Reilly - They have a better selection than Autozone, the guys tend to be knowlegable, and they accept my used oil. They are also everywhere.

Napa - They seem to have everything, and know what they are talking about, but seem to be more oreinted to the commercial customers that the retail customer off the street like me. There are only a few in my area.

Pep Boys - I've only been in once or twice to get a case of oil on sale. If I ever need an air freshener or accessory doo-dad, they would probably have it. Only one in these parts.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I go to O'Reilly for parts...but go to Wal-mart for oil and such cause its usually cheaper
Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
O'Reileys If I need something asap. Or have a buddy order it through World Pac or some other company I can't remember the name right now.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I get specialty parts through World PAC. My mom is the manager of one of the local warehouses, so she gets 35% discount. If I need something now I go to Kragen or Napa.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone is just a good place to buy fluids from and that's it.

OReilly has better OEM style replacement parts I think

Napa has good parts too and staff that knows a thing or two about cars. Expect to pay more though.

Pep Boys has only one location near me and I have only bought tires from them. The Dakota Futura MT's for my old 1993 Z71. I went through 3 sets and got about 45k out of all of them. For 4 tires mounted and balanced just under $400 you cna't beat that.

Call Autozone and ask for halogen fluid for a 1998 Chevy silverado........it's amazing on how bad the question confuses them.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
for cleaning products or things like wipers then O'reilly's, mostly because they are only two or three minutes from my house. For actual parts I use Motion Auto, their guys around here know their stuff and really go the extra mile. They have saved my ass on more than one occasion.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Rye is on a distinguished road
Marines: Semper fi
Rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09taco4x4 View Post
Call Autozone and ask for halogen fluid for a 1998 Chevy silverado........it's amazing on how bad the question confuses them.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
I get specialty parts through World PAC. My mom is the manager of one of the local warehouses, so she gets 35% discount. If I need something now I go to Kragen or Napa.
This guy knows what's up. I saved so much through World PAC.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
O'Reillys if I need something quick but rockauto if I want to save money.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Genuine Toyota MAF sensor for $65.45
Beat that..go price out a maf sensor for a 99' Tacoma 2.4L
Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone, but that's just because it's closest, I do prefer them though.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #13
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Advance has been the best for me.
oh yeah I forgot about advanced, they pretty good too