Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Toyota Rubber Bed Mat

Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Smurfio18 will become famous soon enough
Smurfio18's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Rubber Bed Mat

Paid $90 for the bet mat the other day from the dealer and couldn't be happier with the purchase. I on a regular basis load my bed up with welding machines and gear all day long and was in need of a bed mat. The toyota bed mat not only fits nicely but has Tacoma written on it and makes the bed look a little more interesting than plastic corrugated sheets. My tools don't slide around or scratch up the bed when I load/unload them, its worth the money.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toyota bed mat also, and yes it covers the holes BUT with the raised dots on the bottom of the mat to me the water still goes to the hole. So I say no issue.
I like the raised Tacoma on the mat, I used a silver sharpie to color it in, pretty cool for awhile until you slide something along the mat, but hey once done it is always a easy fix to touch up. And it makes the inside of the bed look a little more "happy".

To the hunters that read this, I have had issues with blood staining the matt, no biggie, just thought I would pass it along, but then again "it is a bed mat" right.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. I got it used on Ebay for $50. I think the guy was selling his truck and trying to sell off some of his mods/add-ons separately. I'm a fan of the "Tacoma" stamped right in the middle of my bed.

Also... not to be an ars, longbow, but it's 'mat,' not 'Matt.' I wouldn't care except I'm a Matt, and I don't protect your truck's bed!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
glad my truck came with one! I love mine.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
mgaudet7 is on a distinguished road
mgaudet7's Tacoma Gallery
i just got mine and love it! Just scared someone might snag it where i live. Might consider bolting it down somehow...
Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Im getting one for sure! My girl friend thinks im ridiculous for putting a bed liner mat on top of the factory bed liner LOL But I also put rubber floor mats on carpet floor mats for extra protection. Do I seem anal?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Wherever I May Roam
SteelCity will become famous soon enoughSteelCity will become famous soon enough

Navy: Navy Corpsman, LT, FMF (RET), U.S. Marines 4th LSB, Shock-Trauma Platoon
SteelCity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Im getting one for sure! My girl friend thinks im ridiculous for putting a bed liner mat on top of the factory bed liner LOL But I also put rubber floor mats on carpet floor mats for extra protection. Do I seem anal?

Tell her the mat keeps everything from sliding all over the place! The only down side is that the mat itself slides sometimes when I'm loading or unloading stuff. Still worth it though.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I was considering the same thing or maybe the BEDRUG. I pick my truck up in exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have an aftermarket rubber bed mat? I would prefer to buy the Toyota mat but I have a gift Cert at a local Pickups plus store.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone.

Use the mat to protect the bed/stop my tools from moving around and use it to weigh down the back for winter driving.

How much does it weigh? Do you think it would held at all?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Its great for keeping stuff from sliding around, and easy enough to remove(unlike a spray in liner) for when you want stuff to slid in, as in fire wood!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Tacoma View Post
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone.

Use the mat to protect the bed/stop my tools from moving around and use it to weigh down the back for winter driving.

How much does it weigh? Do you think it would held at all?
the OEM has a negligible weight. Maybe 25 lbs. Someone here got a thick rubbert matt that was very heavy. I want to say it was recycled materials.

Edit: It might have been a stall mat that I was thinking of.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
Grover will become famous soon enough

Grover's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a Protecta mat from truckcustomizers.com for $77 including shipping. It's a perfect fit - nice mat!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
the mat is the second favorite thing I've done to my truck..
Old 01-11-2009, 04:41 AM   #15
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Tell her it'll be more comfortable for her and her back.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #17
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
Its great for keeping stuff from sliding around, and easy enough to remove(unlike a spray in liner) for when you want stuff to slid in, as in fire wood!

Before I got the bed mat, I used to say whats the point because my buddy had one in his tacoma. UNTIL i bought one, now I love it...don't know why I didn't get it in the beginning. Great investment. My actual bed is all scratched up from loading motors and suspension parts and having thing slide around. But now nothing slides.

GREAT INVESTMENT!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
The need for a bed mat is one of the things that really disappointed me when I bought my truck, I hate that plastic box it reminds me of those old bedliners people would buy back before Rhino Lining came around
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #19
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The rubber bed mat, all weather liners, and seat covers were order right after I picked up my truck. Remembering that first week without the rubber mat, I could never live without one. I haul stuff in the back all the time and one of these is the only way to keep it from moving. Fit was perfect and after over a year and a half of hauling stuff its still in great shape. Just got some tree sap stuck to it from haulin firewood.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
sflguy4u2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
sflguy4u2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sflguy4u2 Send a message via Yahoo to sflguy4u2
Got my bed mat from StreetsideAuto.com.....made for the Tacoma..only $49 + $9 shippng. Had it in 5 days. If you have a 5' bed it has outline for trimming the mat down from 6' standard size. Made exactly like the Toyota mat but does not have the Tacoma emblem...In a way I like not having the emblem as it doesn't draw any notice when parked......looks just like the regular bed.