Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

AVS Bugflector Question

Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
Turdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of light
Turdburglar's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Bugflector Question

My AVS Bugflector II just arrived in the mail. It has some self adhesive 'nubs' I'm supposed to stick to the hood underneath the deflector. Are they absolutely necessary? Or could I maybe stick them to the underside of the deflector instead? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I had one on my old Ford Ranger and I'd put them on the truck. Either put them on the truck or don't put them on at all and take your chances. They won't do anything if you just put them on the bug deflector. The rubber nubs, if you just put the on the defector, can still chatter against your paint and wear through it.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
dtingle is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
dtingle's Tacoma Gallery
I put the rubber nubs on the deflector when i had my old f150. looked good and i had no problems with rubbing, its rare if the bugflector II even comes in contact with your hood aside from where it mounts.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Turdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of light
Turdburglar's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses everyone!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I put them on the deflector just to be safe back when I had mine.