Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

body armor 4x4 tacoma bumper

Old 04-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Body Armor front bumper is a great design. The rear bumper is too plain and ugly though. However there is more than enough in this thread to make me not want to deal with the company. Body Armor is off my list.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #42
abnranger is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
abnranger's Tacoma Gallery
Need someone with winch knowledge ...getting ready to mount front bumper (Body Armor), looking for a winch to drop inside...dementions for mounting plate are W-28" x H-10" x Depth-10"...front opening is 10" x 10"
Old 05-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #43
JTamp is on a distinguished road
Name: Jade
JTamp's Tacoma Gallery
Winch?

Did you ever find a winch that fits the Body Armor Bumper well? Need help.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #44
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
^ /thread.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #45
Winch

Yeah, Smittybilt XRC 8000 lbs...paid more than I wanted but didn't want to wait. Had to mount power box over motor on the side vs on top...paid almost $500 for it but its done now. It has a 94 foot cable that should be able to get me out of most tough spots...bumper was on in 40 min, last bolt on drivers side could not be reach not to mention tightened. Had to customize front grill to get access to plug for remote...all in all happy with install, I will post pictures soon
Old 05-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #46
JTamp is on a distinguished road
Name: Jade
JTamp's Tacoma Gallery
Please do.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #47
Old 05-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #49
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #50
Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #51
Old 05-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #52
Old 05-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #53
Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #54
Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #55
didychuk is on a distinguished road
didychuk's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Further to Joster's nightmare

I purchased the Body Armor Front Bumper for my '10. I was all excited about the look and stronger bumper.

Then I decided to install it and the excitement faded. The Toyota parts came off fine and as expected. The BA holed in the bumper lined up, but were very tight. Ok I thought, I can live with that. Of the five mounting nuts, one is completely inaccessible (on the three bolt side) and two are damn nasty. A quick trip to the tool store and a purchase of a ratchet box end stubby made my life easier.

When I got out from under the truck, the bumper was very tight against the fender skirts. Ok I thought, just a good fit. There is no bracket on the bumper to stop the fender skirt from flapping and rattling like a milk wagon when even a small bump is hit. I ended up using poly urethane to attach the fender skirts to the steel. However, I left it for too long and now the plastic pin connectors are worn and the whole skirt rattles. Haven't figured out that one yet. Bushwacker fenders, with bolt ons are $400.

Oh yeah, the third mounting screw for the headlights disappears when you remove the oem bumper cover and brackets. Leaving it out is not an option because it would most likely break the other two mounts if left to flap in the wind.

Speaking of things disappearing. When the bumper ends are removed, the weld on nuts go with them. Seeing how BA only supplies bolts for the holes, running to the hardware store 20 minutes before it closes to by two 10mm nuts is a pain.

Hmmmmm. Then I sent an email to Body Armor over a month ago and am still waiting for HQ, who "would be very interested in my comments" to get back to me.

Most of the fixes are simple and an irritant at best. What changes this into a really poor product is the lack or disregard for customers. Poor customer service can ruin a product just as quickly as poor design.

Would I buy one again. Not sure it was worth the $ for the hassle. While it didn't take me 9 hours, there was a lot of time pissing around with things that shouldn't need to be done.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #56
HellOnRails has a spectacular aura aboutHellOnRails has a spectacular aura about
Name: Danny
HellOnRails's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought and installed the Body Armor rear bumper after getting rear ended a couple of months ago. The shop mounted it for me and said the only problem was how heavy it was. That and the top lip on the bumperBARELY misses the tailgate when it is lowered. That body guy told me to run it for a bit and we'll see if it settles or not. If not, we'll have to drop it and take a die grinder to the top of it. Fun...
Old 04-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #57
johnchelson is on a distinguished road
Army: military police
johnchelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by didychuk View Post
I purchased the Body Armor Front Bumper for my '10. I was all excited about the look and stronger bumper.

Then I decided to install it and the excitement faded. The Toyota parts came off fine and as expected. The BA holed in the bumper lined up, but were very tight. Ok I thought, I can live with that. Of the five mounting nuts, one is completely inaccessible (on the three bolt side) and two are damn nasty. A quick trip to the tool store and a purchase of a ratchet box end stubby made my life easier.

When I got out from under the truck, the bumper was very tight against the fender skirts. Ok I thought, just a good fit. There is no bracket on the bumper to stop the fender skirt from flapping and rattling like a milk wagon when even a small bump is hit. I ended up using poly urethane to attach the fender skirts to the steel. However, I left it for too long and now the plastic pin connectors are worn and the whole skirt rattles. Haven't figured out that one yet. Bushwacker fenders, with bolt ons are $400.

Oh yeah, the third mounting screw for the headlights disappears when you remove the oem bumper cover and brackets. Leaving it out is not an option because it would most likely break the other two mounts if left to flap in the wind.

Speaking of things disappearing. When the bumper ends are removed, the weld on nuts go with them. Seeing how BA only supplies bolts for the holes, running to the hardware store 20 minutes before it closes to by two 10mm nuts is a pain.

Hmmmmm. Then I sent an email to Body Armor over a month ago and am still waiting for HQ, who "would be very interested in my comments" to get back to me.

Most of the fixes are simple and an irritant at best. What changes this into a really poor product is the lack or disregard for customers. Poor customer service can ruin a product just as quickly as poor design.

Would I buy one again. Not sure it was worth the $ for the hassle. While it didn't take me 9 hours, there was a lot of time pissing around with things that shouldn't need to be done.
I just cut my inner Fender skirts of about 12 inches up at the top mounting hole. Works well. Not the easier thing to do on a 35k truck. Anyways my tires rubbed in those from the facoty. 13' baja edition.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:26 AM   #58
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchelson View Post
I just cut my inner Fender skirts of about 12 inches up at the top mounting hole. Works well. Not the easier thing to do on a 35k truck. Anyways my tires rubbed in those from the facoty. 13' baja edition.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:27 AM   #59
Quote:
Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 AM   #60
Quote: