Notices

body armor 4x4 tacoma bumper

Old 04-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #61
johnchelson is on a distinguished road
Army: military police
johnchelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchelson View Post
I have no major complaints with the body armor front or rear bumper. Installed a warn M 800 winch no problem. Fitment between the headlights and bumper aren't ideal but I paid 695 for it from 4wp and all the other bumper manufacturers want at least a 1000 to start, up to 1500 for a bumper. It's says the factory fog lights will fit with applied bracket, no bracket was included. Called BA and said not on the newer 12-13 models. So I bought some 4'' hid pro comps ffor fog light. Good choice. And pc 7'' on top of the bumper. Drilled the mounting holes about 4'' ahead of the holes the put in as the hid ballast stuck back pretty far.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:39 AM   #62
johnchelson is on a distinguished road
Army: military police
johnchelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchelson View Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #63
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery
thats a nice truck man�� no disrespect but imo gotta say that front bumper is disgusting lol, and bolt on recovery points? why not just burn them on
Old 05-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #64
ol doc gully is on a distinguished road
ol doc gully's Tacoma Gallery
im more interested in this than any other just because it retains the factory hitch as i will do a lot more towing than offroading, and there are no guarantees with anything aftermarket.

the recovery points bolt directly to the frame mount thats used to hold the bumper on, and i actually kind of like that as later on i can fabricate my own tire/cooler/whatever mount setup to bolt on/off whenever i like.

however fitment issues sound consistent. it sounds like people may be having less fitment issues recently as manufacturing may have switched facilities or processes or something, can anybody attest to that? or is there any chance mounting locations are slightly different on different truck models?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #65
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Bump (er) for the current thread on facebook about this bumper...
Old 08-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #66
Grizz X is on a distinguished road
Grizz X's Tacoma Gallery
Throwing my 2-cents in the ring regarding Body Armor. I ordered the side steps. They arrived last week, installing them today I hope. When I got them though, it looked like the box was used as a sword in a sparring match between Jaegers. The ends were scuffed...not bad enough to send back - a little Rustoleum fixed that right up. I will give the benefit of the doubt and blame that on the delivery company. However, once I finished that I noticed that the rails had a slight curve to them...nothing major; I only noticed it when I was looking for other scuffs to paint. I'm hoping it won't be noticeable once installed. We'll see. I can't imagine the curve is by design!!