1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review on Bakflip G2 bed cover for Tacoma

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by burncycle2000, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Apr 21, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    g.stylie

g.stylie Member

Member:
    Hey everyone- I picked up a G2 last July. In December I noticed there was some water in the bed- where previously, this thing didn't let any water in. Upon inspection, I noticed that two of my hinges had shrunk, leaving a gap around 1/4". Since it was winter, I wasn't in a rush to get the problem fixed until spring. I let my local dealer (where I purchased from) know about the problem, took some pics for them to send to their bak rep. and in a couple days, I had a new G2.
    I put it on yesterday and noticed a few changes (at least between this one and my old one). The hinges don't have a 'rounded' profile anymore, the silver metal piece where bolt passes through was further up on the rail- towards the cab, the washers used to attach the rails are larger in diameter, and the bolt that attaches cover has a 'conical' rubber seal already affixed to it (where as before I had 2 separate rubber washers- 1 for above the cover and 1 under).
    I was really happy with my old one until the hinge seal shrunk, so I'm hoping this one will be as good, and hopefully hold up for longer. I really like having full bed access, and the low profile.

2. Apr 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    CVAC085

CVAC085 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD 4x4 Off-Road DC
    Window Tints, BakFlip Bed Cover
    With mine I have a little bit of water scattered all around the bed when it rains or I run through the car wash. I really can't help it I guess? I did the brass hose barbs also which helps. I just keep everything I don't want to get wet in the cab and all my off road outdoor stuff can stay in the bed. Overall, so far so good. I'm happy with the cover.

3. Jan 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    fendertweed

fendertweed Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma base
    Further update. After 5 yrs. our G2 is toast. Panels that came apart where rivets failed were repaired w/ fiberglass but that repair did not last more than a year or so.

The rear 2 panels are now basically loose from their frames and held on only by the rubber side strips, so it's dangerous, they're ready to fly off.

I'll be removing it shortly and looking for another solution, I hoped for much better durability for the purchase price.

Products Discussed in

To Top