Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Rock sliders Price? and witch ones would you recommend

Old 10-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I always laught at how sliders are so hotly debated. And even more so, how so many people badmouth Trail Gear products just because they heard something about them. If you don't have first had experience with the products then it's nothing but opinion....at best.

I'm not badmouthing any of the other options out there, but I've got TG sliders on both my trucks and I've been beating on them for years now without issue. Sorry haters, but they work. Plain and simple.
I agree with you. Unfortunately many people believe everything they read on the internet good or bad and don't ever try things out for themselves.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I always laught at how sliders are so hotly debated. And even more so, how so many people badmouth Trail Gear products just because they heard something about them. If you don't have first had experience with the products then it's nothing but opinion....at best.

I'm not badmouthing any of the other options out there, but I've got TG sliders on both my trucks and I've been beating on them for years now without issue. Sorry haters, but they work. Plain and simple.
X2
Old 10-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Those DIY TG sliders look great and are low priced, but you've got to factor in welding. Unless you can weld or have a connection, that drives up the price more.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #25
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
As said before, Elite sliders are great. I have them. Ive seen 4xinnovations work, those are great sliders also.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #26
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
all this info is great but ya what box rocket said x3 ........ the only reason i want them is 1 for the price and 2 because when i went with box rocket to rattlesnake trail they looked really nice on his truck... plus anything is better then nothing. I'm also not going to go extreme off roading yet, but i do want slider just in case something happens. better to have it then not at all
Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #27
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROKITA View Post
all this info is great but ya what box rocket said x3 ........ the only reason i want them is 1 for the price and 2 because when i went with box rocket to rattlesnake trail they looked really nice on his truck... plus anything is better then nothing. I'm also not going to go extreme off roading yet, but i do want slider just in case something happens. better to have it then not at all

They did more than just "look good" on my truck that night. I'm sure you remember at least a couple times they did their job.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I hear that Trail gear sliders deflect into the bottom of the body on tacomas

Just kidding i had to you cant fight gravity Im with you i dont think the strenth of the tubing when you get right down to it matters all the much unless your comparing SQ to round. I think the only reason DOM gets a good rep is because its the only one thats really "rated" for a cage. I think you would be hard pressed to tell DOM and HREW tubing apart on the trail.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
I hear that Trail gear sliders deflect into the bottom of the body on tacomas

Just kidding i had to you cant fight gravity Im with you i dont think the strenth of the tubing when you get right down to it matters all the much unless your comparing SQ to round. I think the only reason DOM gets a good rep is because its the only one thats really "rated" for a cage. I think you would be hard pressed to tell DOM and HREW tubing apart on the trail.

i've seen sliders bend...both up into the body and just bend out of shape

I wanted no part or chance of that
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #30
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

Square tubing then
Old 11-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i assure you mine wont be going anywhere
Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #32
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

So go on trails without sliders and see what damage can really be done
Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 AM   #34
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Elite. Can't beat them for the price.

(Can't wait to get mine come Thanksgiving)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #35
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
Square tubing then

I've seen square sliders bend too. It's much more about the overall design of the sliders, how they are attached and proper gussets. I don't care how heavy duty any brand of sliders are. You hit them hard enough, they're gonna bend. And sometimes you can't control how hard you hit.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #36
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
I second what Box Rocket just posted. I have Trail Gear sliders and just received my Trail Gear rear bumper yesterday. I'm painting it and also spraying it with body armor. Putting it on tomorrow!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #37
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've seen square sliders bend too. It's much more about the overall design of the sliders, how they are attached and proper gussets. I don't care how heavy duty any brand of sliders are. You hit them hard enough, they're gonna bend. And sometimes you can't control how hard you hit.
Agreed but there is no way the TG sliders have proper gussets. Sure there a great price but you get what you pay for. A softer steel then every vendor on this forum poor robotic welds (I had to run a second bead on the ones I installed because the bead was way to thin in some spots) gussets they I can't even call them gussets light tabs are larger.

If the OP wants a low priced DOM slider go with 4x Innovations they are constructed out of USA DOM and way stringer then TG. The gussets do need to be larger IMO but they are way better then TG sliders.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #38
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I wont disagree about the TG gussets, but its so easy to make your own stronger gussets and have them work out just fine. That's what I did on my Land Cruiser that also has TG sliders. I made my own frame plates and gussets and I've pounded on those sliders for years and they've held up awesome.

Hangin the whole weight of the driverside on the slider. These are 67" TG sliders (not designed for a heavy Land Cruiser). with my own plates and gussets. No deflection, no dents and lots of abuse. If they can hold up this well under my HEAVY Land Cruiser, they'll hold up just fine on a much lighter Tacoma.

Oh sorry, some people freak when photos have the camera tilted. Let me fix that.