BEST WIPER BLADES

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile BEST WIPER BLADES

anyone have some favorites? in sunny fla, they last about 6 months and then they crumble. are there some better ones out there i should be looking at?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod45 View Post
anyone have some favorites? in sunny fla, they last about 6 months and then they crumble. are there some better ones out there i should be looking at?
I've got a set of Bosche Icon's that I'm pretty happy with. Honestly though, get Rain-X windshield washer fluid and you hardly even have to use your wipers when it rains.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
look at the trico neoforms or the other top line tricos. worked at auto parts stores (two of the big name ones) for quite a while and have tried everything from rain x to bosch to goodyear trico and all the store brands and such. trico by far lasts the longest and like the other guy said rainx washer fluid really helps out.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Pep Boys has a buy 1 get 1 free now for Rain X Repel. They are impregnated with Rain X and constantly are re applying.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
X2 and X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I've got a set of Bosche Icon's that I'm pretty happy with. Honestly though, get Rain-X windshield washer fluid and you hardly even have to use your wipers when it rains.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Silblades are probably the best wipers out there. Any style, i have the Hybrid one They're on amazon too and pretty cheap now. silicone coated and they last forever, not to mentn theyre probably the quietest and the most effective windshield wipers, the rainx and Bosch blades don't even come close. And I'm hella anal about my windshield wipers.

Two 22"!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I use Rain-X lat's and use Rain-X Window Treatment. Mine are going on almost 2 years and are still working like new.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=4002781
Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #9
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
I use Valeo wiper blades from Amazon here in Sunny Cali and have had them on for about a year now and just started raining this week. Stil holding up well.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried rain-x, Bosh, and no-names. I keep coming back to the factory ones. You can replace just the insert, as long as you still have the factory wiper.
Rain-x applied directly to the windsheild works the best, but the washer fluid additive works well inbetween applications.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Utah trashes wiper blades. I have tried the expensive ones and the cheap ones. The winter ones are the worst. I have come to the conclusion the expensive ones are just crap. They all end up lasting about a year around here (must be the dry air). So I just buy the cheapest ones after the first snow storm and I am good for a year.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I've had good luck with Rain-x Latitude. Don't use Rain-x applied to glass by hand (too much work) but, do use Rain-x washer fluid.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I run the Bosch Icon blades. The heat here can trash blades quickly. I want to get some Permatex Wiper Restore and apply it every 6 months or less to see if that helps my blades last longer.

http://permatex.com/products/Automot...er_restore.htm
Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Rain-X, plus I spray the Rain-X water repellent spray on all my windows. Works out nicely.

Any decent brand is good though with that spray. It's all about the spray.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I've had good luck with Rain-x Latitude. Don't use Rain-x applied to glass by hand (too much work) but, do use Rain-x washer fluid.
X2
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
neilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud of
neilvan's Tacoma Gallery
It's all about the glass surface!

Put this on your windshield and you will be thanking me. It's so good that I don't even use my wipers when I am going over 60km/h!

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers...tmentTricoView
Old 01-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
Snoranger is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Patrol
Snoranger's Tacoma Gallery
I used rain-x window wax for years (you rub it on and then spend alot of sweat polishing it off). It works pretty well...about two months at a time. I then discovered Aquapel...easier to apply and lasts about four months. Hardly use the wipers at all..still use the rain-x wax on the side and back windows though..(Aquapel isn't exactly free). Cheapest place I've found it is Ebay..
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #19
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
X100000
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvan View Post
It's all about the glass surface!

Put this on your windshield and you will be thanking me. It's so good that I don't even use my wipers when I am going over 60km/h!

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers...tmentTricoView
This is true. I hardly use my wipers unless going slow and it's really pouring.

Products Discussed in this Thread