The cover is Model 4050 Tacoma Quad Cab Short Bed. 2005-current "with multi track system"
The cover has basically 3 brackets per side, all the brackets mount to the rail except for two of them and they mount to the screws (on truck already) at the end of the bed near the tail gate.
This is a no drill set up, easy on and easy off. Don't let the size fool you.
All the brackets have a protective backing on them so they will not mess up the rail. All the hardware is S.S.
The cover has built in bed poitioning hinges, and the front mounting brackets slide into them.
The great thing about it is, it comes with two J-hooks for hanging it up.
My cover is water tight, I added 2 small pieces of weather stripping to the forward mounting brackets (less than 2" long) just to be safe. Even through a pressure wash, I had no leakage. Now I will get on with the PRO'S and CON'S
- Easy set up, for me (one person) less than 15 minutes to remove and install.
- All brackets can be removed, so if you want to sell it or have a clean look.
- Double locks w/two keys
- Double struts
- Water tight (for me)
- Built in light, 3 small LEDS. But hey it's light.
- Cover overhangs 3 sides, so no need to have a pop lock.
- Comes with hardware to hang it up if removed. (allow 70" top to bottom on this model)
- Can be painted if you like.
- Struts when removing cover attach to cover by storage clip.
- Tools needed are 3/8" wrench or socket and 1/2" wrench or socket.
- Customer Service is top notch, answered e-mails and phone calls the same day.
- Price, but then have you checks the prices on the others?
- On the front mounting brackets, to keep secure there are 2 small spiral rings. Don't like this!! can scratch truck and cover. I am looking into a solution as I write this.