LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

warm waterproof gloves?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
warm waterproof gloves?

ok so here the story. I have a circulation problem that makes it very tough for me to keep my fingers and toes warm. its secondary to frostbite as a child. as for my toes, there is not much i can do, i have tried every sock known but nothing works, i use "toasty toes" inserts and it helps a little.

i am looking for some nice warm gloves. I live in CT so its cold, wet, snowy, muddy... i will use them for yard work, snow blowing, and riding ATV's in the woods during winter. I need them to be water proof (gortex?) and probably leather or part leather so they dont rip in brush, or melt of i touch something hot like a muffler.... any good suggestions for me? what you have liked or disliked?

I would be open to skiing or hunting gloves and everything in between. I wll be at cabelas this weekend to look for myself.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Would like to hear what's worked for people. Hunting mittens are tough to beat but I have yet to find a true waterproof glove. I have some nice ski gloves but if you're out in a snowball fight for example, they eventually soak through.

Have you thought about heated grips for the snowblower?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
gander mtn sells neoprene fishing gloves i dont know about how warm they are but they are waterproof
Old 11-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
TWhit is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TWhit's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pair of Neoprene gloves that seem to be the most waterproof that I've found. Very warm, as well. The only downside is mine don't have any leather on the palms. It's more of a rubber grip material. I have the same thing for my boots, made of thin neoprene. I got them a few years ago in the hunting section, at Dicks. For boots, try an Army surplus store and see if they have any "Mickey Mouse" boots. They are an insulated rubber boot with a pretty good tread, they may also have the heavy wool inserts, I have a pair of them for snowblowing. By far the warmest and most waterproof that I've found.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I use Marmot Randonee's snowmobiling, skiing, snowblowing and love them.
They also make a leather variant.

Pricey but if you go to a store & size your hand then buy on ebay much less expensive.

My friends swear by Klim again very pricey.

Katahdin makes leather gloves as well, but hard to find ones that fit my small hands.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: D
D13's Tacoma Gallery
If you can.. go with mittens, they keep your hands slightly warmer cause your fingers are all together.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
check out Scuba/Divers gloves for cold waters.

Top 5 Dive Cold Water Gloves

Henderson 3mm Aqua Lock Hyperstretch Diving Gloves
Starting at $49.99

Henderson 5mm Aqua Lock Hyperstretch Diving Gloves
Starting at $54.99

Henderson 7mm Aqua Lock Hyperstretch Diving Gloves
Starting at $59.99

Ocean Quest 3mm Premium Super-Stretch Titanium Diving Gloves.
Starting at $19.95

Ocean Quest 5mm Premium Super-Stretch Titanium Diving Gloves
Starting at $24.95
Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pair of mountaineering gloves from REI that are downright HOT.

They're not leather, but they are constructed of ripstop and an ultra-grippy palm which never slips. They also come with velcro-in liners which make them really toasty.

Here they are:

http://www.rei.com/product/825261/rei-switchback-gloves

Mine are a couple years older than these and are all black. I wear them climbing and snowboarding and in sub-20 degree weather I still have to take the liners out they got so hot.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Battery powered gloves FTW! Expensive though.
http://gerbing.com/Products/gloves.php
Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't water proof but I use these whenever I am in the cold/wet weather. They work awesome and are really comfortable.

https://www.ironclad.com/products/pr...ea6053057d6181
Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Seaskins makes some nice gloves. Cableas should for sure have soemthign youll like, just look in the Waterfowl section thats where the warmest and most waterproof stuff will be.

For socks check out the new stuff from Season 5. This stuff is waterproof and insulated. Pretty rad, ive been selling the crap out of them and also our old standby Mysterioso Polartec socks.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post
If you can.. go with mittens, they keep your hands slightly warmer cause your fingers are all together.
x2.

not to mention, there's really no such thing as waterproof unless you use some sort of rubber/plastic/neoprene/etc.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to do all sorts of work with mittens on even though they are alot warmer. I have a pair of Stoic gloves and they are pretty darn warm, even on 6 hour snowmobile trips. The palms are leather and durable but they are wicked spendy.
http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sto...061&mv_pc=r126
Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just got down from climbing Mt Rainier and I was running a pair of Outdoor Research Vert gloves. They're a softshell, really warm and wind/water resistant. We got hit with a gnarly storm, 60-80 mph winds, sleet and snow, turned into rain at lower elevations, and the gloves kept my hands warm and dry for hours. They did eventually soak through, but only after 3-4 hours in those conditions.

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/or...rt-gloves.html