1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone bought from "CarId.com?"

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by rmahoney2013, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nov 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    rmahoney2013

rmahoney2013 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    California
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue Tacoma
    bought some headlights from carId.com and they first sent me the wrong HID kit and 6 months later the seals are broken and full of condensation..

just wondering if anyone has brought anything from them and how your experience has been?

2. Nov 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I just got my Carbon Fiber Dash kit in, looks fantastic and some yellow bulbs for my fogs.. The bulbs work good but holy shit did they not want to go in easy at all.

3. Feb 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    Jayballs

Jayballs Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    Southern Manitoba, CAN
    Revtek 3" lift,SPEC-D® - Black Halo Projector Headlights,33x12.5xr20Nitto Mud grapplers,20" rockstar rims
    I bought a few thing from carid. I ordered some headlights as well as a cold air intake. I live in canada so it could be part of the shipping and handling. The plastic mounts were almost all busted off when i received them. I had a Hell of a time dealing with the customer support. They never sent my bull bar for the front. The hid kit was all messed up. They have a lot of great items, but not impressed one bit with the condition. Although they messes up and sent me 2 cold air intakes instead of 1, and never caught it. I'm Not sure if it was because of the issues i had...but it works :) anyone need a K&N Cold Air intake?

4. Feb 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    rmahoney2013

rmahoney2013 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    California
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue Tacoma
    i had a very rough experience with customer support as well. Just keep calling is all the advise ive got. Give them a hard time and i also ended up with a second pair of headlights haha.. interesting

5. Feb 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Really? I had giving them part numbers for the carbon dash kit and the sales rep forgot one out of the total cost when she entered it in the system but had said it when repeating the list back. So when it came in and was missing I got on chat with them and said I was disappointed that I had to spend another 70$ for the part they forgot to include in the total prices but no big deal. She gave me 20$ off of that part and free 2 day shipping. I didn't have to bitch or anything. I've used them in the past as well and never once had an issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top