Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ipod adapter for stock stereo

Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #21
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hmmmm, I have had mine plugged in for the last few months. No dead battery yet.
If it kills it, I guess I'll get an Orbital.
It'll reduce the battery life for sure. But if it's not your daily use iPod then don't worry about it. I have a 4th gen iPod in my truck and thats all I use it for. I have other iPods that I use daily. And if the battery dies, than all you have to do is keep it plugged in and it'll work until the harddrive goes out!

Also, order the iPod battery swapping kit online for like a 100 bucks. No biggie....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #22
IlovethePinkTacos is on a distinguished road
IlovethePinkTacos's Tacoma Gallery
I just found this one on eBay (I think similar to what you guys are talking about)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=390022105611

Any thoughts?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2008 Tacoma and the dealer said the adaptor only works on the 2009 models.

Is this correct? What Toyota part number do I need?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
I have a 2008 Tacoma and the dealer said the adaptor only works on the 2009 models.

Which adapter?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovethePinkTacos View Post
I just found this one on eBay (I think similar to what you guys are talking about)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=390022105611

Any thoughts?
That adapter appears to only do iPods-It USA-SPEC will do RCA inputs (The red and white plugs) and satellite radio. If you aren't worried about those things- Go for it.

Quote:

Totally different thread if you are talking about getting the Toyota factory ipod adapter. I wouldn't suggest paying all that for an ipod...Just mho tho...and I'm about 99% sure that the USA SPEC works.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #26
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
That adapter appears to only do iPods-It USA-SPEC will do RCA inputs (The red and white plugs) and satellite radio. If you aren't worried about those things- Go for it.

Totally different thread if you are talking about getting the Toyota factory ipod adapter. I wouldn't suggest paying all that for an ipod...Just mho tho...and I'm about 99% sure that the USA SPEC works.

I'm talking about anything factory or aftermarket that will allow my 2008 taco to interface and play the music on my IPOD nano.

Will the ones on ebay do it for $130?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #27
shizzmac is on a distinguished road
Army: medic
shizzmac's Tacoma Gallery
I was just wondering,if you have the sat stuff already plugged into your stock radio can this still be attached?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #28
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
I'm talking about anything factory or aftermarket that will allow my 2008 taco to interface and play the music on my IPOD nano.

Will the ones on ebay do it for $130?
I paid around 140 for my USA-Spec adaptor and it works great with both my stock 2005 scion radio and my stock 2008 tacoma radio. I'm not sure that answers your question-but I hope it does!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzmac View Post
I was just wondering,if you have the sat stuff already plugged into your stock radio can this still be attached?
Where does the sat stuff plug in?? The USA-Spec unit uses the stock stereo changer plug to interface with the radio. This unit has a plug to be able to interface with satellite units- I'm just not sure what units they will work with.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #29
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I guess for 90.00 less I can deal with the metra axxess model which does the same thing except text. Has the ipod & 3.5mm jacks. Looks like this one only I paid 53.00 shipped from amazon.com & it was for 05-08 models.............

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...P_TY01_ID.html
Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #30
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine for $105 shipped on Ebay. Works great, I love it.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I had a us spec p-11 in my Corrola for three years, Never had a problem with the battery. Loved that thing!!! Still have it, But didn't get the cord from the radio to the module out of the Corrola when i bought my Tacoma.. Wonder if I can just buy that cable for the Taco..
Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of an Ipod interface kit that works with the 6 disc JBL system?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #34
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PA15-TOY
Old 03-21-2009, 06:57 AM   #35
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
I have a 6disc changer w/ ipod2car PXDP unit (not JBL, but I don't think it matters).

All you need is an external CD changer port..... If you've got that, then you could probably hook up any of the ipod adapters.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #36
Btwo is on a distinguished road

Btwo's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the PA15-TOY for my 2008 quad cab yesterday. $127.00 from EBAY. Got an additional 8% off (via a coupon) --- total $116.84. Glad to see the positive reviews.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #37
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a Metra Ipod adapter from Circuit City before the closed. I was able to get it 28 bucks! The guy said he did not give a sh*t about it closing and said he was giving discounts on top of the already discounted price.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #38
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished installing the USA Spec interface and connected a Sirius Sportster 5 to it. Sounds very good, especially the satellite radio. I put the interface module to the left of the glovebox, below the A/C vent. There's enough room for it to sit right there.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #39
Btwo is on a distinguished road

Btwo's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the USA Spec adapter Friday. For the price and how it performs, I couldn't be more happy. And, it charges my iphone just fine. I ran the cable into the front storage section of my center console (just in front of my manual shifter).
Old 05-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #40
AnArab is on a distinguished road
AnArab's Tacoma Gallery
My first post

Hey guys, can you confirm the USA-SPEC Model # PA15-TOY works for the stock 06 tacoma stereo,no cd changer, no sat/radio,,,, it seems most of these ipod products need the sat radio button. thanks!!