Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ipod adapter for stock stereo

Old 05-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #41
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
Anyone know of an Ipod interface kit that works with the 6 disc JBL system?

This one works on my 6-d JBL:
http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_in...FSQMDQod5AwqnA
I paid $120 on sale. I would have paid more! It is AWESOME!!

Contact the manufacture if any questions about anything:
http://www.usaspec.com/
Old 06-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #42
LikaBOSS is on a distinguished road
Army: Sergeant, 1st Batt., 321st FA (Airborne)
LikaBOSS's Tacoma Gallery
So I got a ZUNE, is this ok? I read in this thread about frying something? I have an 06 with stock HU, need a quick link to the right product...thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #43
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
I have this device and use my zune on it just fine.

http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_in...roducts_id=107

you can plug anything into this device, it uses the headphone jack style of connector.

Hope this helps!

I tried the other guys link and it didnt work so try this one.. It should work!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #44
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
I have this device and use my zune on it just fine.

http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_in...roducts_id=107

you can plug anything into this device, it uses the headphone jack style of connector.

Hope this helps!

I tried the other guys link and it didnt work so try this one.. It should work!
Nice price.. just ordered it.

No more crappy low volume aux port!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #45
JasonY is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
JasonY's Tacoma Gallery
Considering ordering one. The website says to make an offer on the unit. I was wondering if they really do respond to these offers, and, if so, what would be a good offer? $137 seems good versus the $299 factory, but would they take $99? Just wondering.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #47
popealope is on a distinguished road
popealope's Tacoma Gallery
The best instructions I have found on doing this (which is really easy as long as you follow the instructions) is here: http://aaronlinsdau.com/gear/articles/ipod2car.html

I am not technical and it took me less then 30 minutes. The ipod sounds great on the factory stereo!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #48
JasonY's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Popealope. These are perfect!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #49
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
ok there seems to be so many options. different manufactures. different tacomas, different stereos. also is the sqt button aux function?

who knows what one will work on the stock 6 disc changer, for a 2010 db cab trd sport.

thanks
Old 12-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #50
TACBOY is on a distinguished road
TACBOY's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys though the stock radio on my tac was good after i switched out the factory speakers which are kenwood 6x9 300 watts and 6.5 pyramid 200 watts in the back doors and i opted for a kenwood 200 watt head unit that cranks whatever i want it's cool and also has an ipod/aux port that rivals the factory unit with no competition ,switch out the original and try the kenwood it is awesome even without an amp
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #51
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have an iPod or Aux port, and you want to add an Aux port, there are less expensive ways to do it.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pietoyaux.html

That's one way. It installs the same way as the iPod one, but doesn't have the iPod cable (that's useless if you dont have an iPod)

If you have a Zune, you can add this (http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundzncblpak.html) and have it charge and play audio (like the one in the OP) at the same time thru one cable. It doesn't display text on the display, however.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #52
rberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralphie
rberumen2's Tacoma Gallery
I too was contemplating on getting the ipod adapter. but for 150 bucks? I'd rather just save my money and spend an extrat 200 more bucks on an indash. So now i Have a pioneer navigation unit. wayyy better than the stock headunit with 10-14 rms. i can control eq levels, control my ipod, find places with the Nav, and talk on it with the bluetooth.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #53
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
where'd you find a pioneer in dash gps for $350?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #55
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberumen2 View Post
It was on sale online. Came with the Tacoma dash kit, iPod cable, and wires all brand new. Check it out I'm sure you'll find one. Good luck
Dont really need one. Have a portable GPS that's fine for my needs, and I have a cassette adapter (LOL) for my mp3 player (not an iPod.)

Plus I might be switching out to a different CB radio (cobra 18) so I'd only have 1 DIN slot open...
Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #56
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skichiiwa View Post
ok there seems to be so many options. different manufactures. different tacomas, different stereos. also is the sqt button aux function?

who knows what one will work on the stock 6 disc changer, for a 2010 db cab trd sport.

thanks
http://usaspec.com/

Call USA Spec directly and ask. They don't have it listed on their website but I'm willing to bet that the PA15-TOY will work on the 2010 as it does with most other years.

Or, pick your poison. Start making phone calls to other units and start researching a bit more.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #57
popealope is on a distinguished road
popealope's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the 'TOYOTA TACOMA 2005/05 iPOD/iPHONE/TOUCH INPUT ADAPTER' from http://stores.ebay.com/Integration-Solutions for $59.99 USD. It works great with my iPod classic and iPod Touch and was a snap to install.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #58
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
just installed one of these adapters, works as advertised! Sounds Great, easy to operate through the factory stereo and controls. PA15-TOY
Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #59
JasonY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
just installed one of these adapters, works as advertised! Sounds Great, easy to operate through the factory stereo and controls. PA15-TOY
Hey JDTEMPLE,

Does it improve the iPod's volume? The volume input on my AUX jack is really low.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #60
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
Hey JDTEMPLE,

Does it improve the iPod's volume? The volume input on my AUX jack is really low.
Volume is great, I can defiantly turn it up louder than I will ever use. I used to drive around with the stereo cranked up all the time as a teenager, but now I value my hearing! I was very surprised by the sound quality and how loud it thumped with stock speakers.