Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ipod adapter for stock stereo

Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #61
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Radio removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfio18 View Post
Just installed a USA-SPEC Model # PA15-TOY ipod adapter in my 2006 Taco ( Stock single disc Stereo). First, the installation was easy. Remove stereo from housing- Plug in supplied cord into back of stereo unit, run cord to glove box-done. The Module makes your stock stereo thinks its connected to a CD changer so it will work with all second gen taco stereos even if you don't have a SAT/Aux button. The display will read out track title and artist. Sound quality is great and the module has an additional aux input (RCA) for any additional devices you want to connect. I paid $140 for the unit and couldn't be happier with it.
Whats involved in removing the stereo from its housing. How long did it take?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #63
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Bought the USA Spec PA15TOY. I have the 6 cd sat radio. Wanted to know what how to set the DP? There are 4 buttons. Just bought a 2011, not too eager on ripping it apart!!! Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #64
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
I like the way chris4x4 set it up very convinient! i saw one on amazon going for 120ish
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #65
Amburgers is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallas
Amburgers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehab View Post
The PA15 is the best accessory I have bought for my truck. The main reason I got mine is to keep the interior looking totally stock and throw out my FM modulator. I ran my PA15 to the center console and into the center storage box so my ipod basically stays there all the time. I know a lot of people have theirs run to to the glove compartment, but I like the easy access of the center console. It charges the ipod and plays music at the same time. It took like 30 minutes to install, and if you looked at the interior of my truck, you would never know that it was there.
Searching forums for this very install and found your post. What do you have to take off to get it to the center console? Not sure how to run the cable properly through the center console and don't want to damage anything. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #66
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this product as well for over a year and no problems whatsoever. No more CD's! i paid like 110 though :O
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #67
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
I've had this product as well for over a year and no problems whatsoever. No more CD's! i paid like 110 though :O
Had mine for 3 years....no problems

Today I finally moved the connection from the glove box to the cubby-drawer on the left side, driver's side. I made it more difficult than it needed to be, but its an easy job.

Link to install: http://www.acceleroto.com/pa15toy/
Old 03-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #68
YYZ is on a distinguished road
Army: 625th MP Co.
Name: YYZ
YYZ's Tacoma Gallery
My experience with this mod

Thanks to the Taco community for bring this product to my attention. This is my first post. Just last week bought my '07 4x4 Sport Access Cab with only 20k mi on it, wohoo !! Just a few comments that may help others on the install. A convenient place to mount the main module is toward the front of the shifter console on the passenger side so it sits (I used velcro) behind the kick-panel just out of site (ran the main cable from the CD player down behind the glovebox compartment) and ziptied the cables. The reason I didn't mount behind the CD player chassis is for ease of access in the future and also it's easy to route (concealed) cables either to the front dash console, glovebox or to the storage compartment console between the (bucket) seats. Removal of the glovebox is much easier than the temp controls/CD player assembly if you need to troubleshoot or re-route cables. Test unit function before putting temp controls/CD back in place. Thanks again.