Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Harbor Freight Reviews

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #41
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa2fl View Post
Has anyone bought the 3"x30' snap strap from there? $34.00
x2 on a review for that its a 3x30 27k pound snatch strap, not sure exactly how it can be terrible, its not like its a complicated thing.

also the d ring receiver http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...tch-66212.html again, not very complicated, not much that can go wrong. its weight rating is also 500 pounds more than the popular smittybuilt one.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #42
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
I think you have to witness it first hand then -
referring back to when a friend of mine bought a BRAND NEW C-Clamp to just push back the rear caliper to change out his pads

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...amp-37850.html

the damn thing DID NOT even get that pusher for the pad to budge. just ended up breaking it where the upper "C" portion is. imo, a VERY simple task, yet was not completed due to this POS.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #43
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive gotten normal hand tools there and they all work fine. I went in one day when they were clearning out all their mag light stuff and I got a 3D cell LED mag light for 22 bucks.

I bought one of their "dremmel" type tools and it was a piece of junk!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #44
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
I think you have to witness it first hand then -
referring back to when a friend of mine bought a BRAND NEW C-Clamp to just push back the rear caliper to change out his pads

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...amp-37850.html

the damn thing DID NOT even get that pusher for the pad to budge. just ended up breaking it where the upper "C" portion is. imo, a VERY simple task, yet was not completed due to this POS.
You sure the calipers weren't the kind where you have to twist the piston? A lot of rear brake calipers are like that.

A caliper piston should push back in with relatively little force. Unless it's a twist type which won't budge no matter what tool you use unless you spin it.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I still use these snap ring pliers to this day... http://www.harborfreight.com/11-piece-snap-ring-pliers-set-92374.html
and I used to use them to remove hydraulic rams off these!

And I have there 450 pound transmission jack, used it countless times for clutch installs and transmission work, never let me down. http://www.harborfreight.com/450-lb-...ack-39178.html

I went half on this with a buddy of mine. http://www.harborfreight.com/16-ton-...der-97468.html It worked good enough for us to build a custom roll cage for his jeep YJ.
I have a set of those snap ring pliers. I don't use them often but for $8 for the set it's nice to have an assortment of different sizes when i do need them.

I also have that same tranny jack. It works great. I have used it for quite a few clutch jobs and transmission swaps.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #46
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone had experience with the corded 1/2" Impact Wrench? For as often as I'd use it, I might just grab one...
Here
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #47
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
Anyone had experience with the corded 1/2" Impact Wrench? For as often as I'd use it, I might just grab one...
Here
I have one. Had it for three plus years. It works great the only thing that doesn't work on mine anymore is the retainer clip for the impact sockets.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #48
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
There is a similar topic here: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...highlight=Pass with over 3500 replies. Just in case that there is a Harbor Freight product that you thinking abut buying, but haven't seen a review posted here.

Ray
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #49
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
x2 on a review for that its a 3x30 27k pound snatch strap, not sure exactly how it can be terrible, its not like its a complicated thing.

also the d ring receiver http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...tch-66212.html again, not very complicated, not much that can go wrong. its weight rating is also 500 pounds more than the popular smittybuilt one.
My smittybuilt one is made from a solid piece of steel with a good heavy d ring. The hf one is made from square tubing with two small pieces welded to the end to hold the much weaker looking ring on. Got my smittybuilt receiver hitch from autozone for around 15 bucks. Btw have some good parts from hf 6 ton jacks stands, 2 different 1/2" breaker bars and the 1/2" torque wrench, 1/2" sockets. Like them all.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #50
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
Here
From my experiences.....it will not work with the Ball Joint Press when removing or installing new Ball Joints on your 2 Gen Tacoma.....but then again neither did my $300 1/2 inch Craftsman. I had to use a breaker bar and lots of man strength.

A lot of their stuff is good and some of it is crap. You just have to navigate through all the junk and you'll find some gems......I scored a 2.5 ton low profile orange jack on sale for $50 that has been a life saver, especially during my BJ install. And all of their air impact sockets (Pittsburg) and 1/2 inch 150ft lbs torque (paid $10) has been money! 125 PSI 8 Gallon Air Compressor stopped working after a week, just took it back and got my money.

I buy a lot of useful stuff there like tarps when they are on sale and small stuff for projects. IMO it's a great store that is budget friendly.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #51
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone tried this out?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
That 100 piece bit set is the shit! I have one. Steer clear of the high spd. power tools like the hand held grinder. Mine worked for 2 hours and took a dump. Jack stands???????
You get under the Taco!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
has anyone tried out their sawhorses?
Yeah, I have some of their cheap plastic ones below. They work fine. I've had them for a while. Very lightweight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/350-lb-...set-47782.html
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #55
Badbagger has a spectacular aura aboutBadbagger has a spectacular aura about
Air Force:
Badbagger's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought hand tools and NO issues, cordless drill and love it. 2 torque wrenches for working on the Harley and no issues with a lifetime warranty on them. LOVE Harbor Freight and Lowes.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #56
PhishPhryer is a jewel in the roughPhishPhryer is a jewel in the roughPhishPhryer is a jewel in the roughPhishPhryer is a jewel in the rough

Name: John
PhishPhryer's Tacoma Gallery
1/2" torque wrench on sale right now for $9.99
Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #57
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
I have a flux core mig welder my dad bought about 8 years ago it still works great but has only been through about 10 rolls of wire in that time. It works really good on heavier stuff, but for thin metal like exhaust tubing you can't turn it down low enough to not burn through the metal. the welder only has a high and low setting for the arc and 10 speed settings for the wire feed. I think I've seen them on sale lately for about $100 and for my uses I'd say its worth it
Old 02-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #58
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
As many have said, some of their stuff is fine and some of it is pure shogdit. I'll buy hand tools, tarps, etc, but not power tools from them. I've seen far too many of their air tools literally fly apart after a couple hours of use. Too dangerous to risk. I did pick up a set of LED taillights for my trailer there last year and they're good to go so far.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #59
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a hand held spot light for storage lockers and it needs recharging every 4 minutes! It's going back. I found a lot better one at Tractor supply. Locker auctions are a trip.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #60

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...ool-68303.html

I bought one of their oscillating tools a few months back for $20 on sale. Man that thing is awesome. I have definitely gotten my moneys worth for sure. I used it last week when I was laying new floors in my house. I used it to cut all of my door jambs, baseboards, and some of the flooring cuts when I didn't feel like fetching the jigsaw. I also used the scraper blade attachment to scrape up 70sq ft of glue from old glue down hardwoodsI pulled up in my foyer. It also worked well scraping up the sheet vinyl floor that was glued down in my kitchen (Only glued around the perimeter thankfully).

It was also helpful when I had to cut a PVC sink drain that was in a tight spot that I couldn't get my PVC shears or my recip saw into.

Products Discussed in this Thread