Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Harbor Freight Reviews

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #61
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...saw-65298.html

bought this one long time ago when it was on sale, still using the blade that came with it (wood blade only) and I have already cut metal (cut an old set of u-bolts from a 4" block kit to fit a 1" blocks), and bunch of old wood planks in the back (doing that again today). Only problem I have had with it was the blade guard coming off but it's held in by 2 screws which you can tighten again, but so far it's only come off on me once or twice back in the day when I was cutting off some lemon tree branches.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #62
TacoBlitz is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
TacoBlitz's Tacoma Gallery
my jack stands, 3 ton jack, angle grinder cut off wheels all are from harbor freight and seem to be working fantastic. I also have a screwdriver set and a bunch of those handy little assorted kits of fuses, electrical connectors, c-clips and stuff like that, they come in handy all the time and seem to be just fine.

I am sure that there are many other things that I have bought from this place that I can't think of too. But I would definatily stay away from most of the power tools and stuff like that, you just have to be able to know the things that don't really matter if they are cheap and also realize the the things that are worth spending the extra money for.

I have gotten pretty lucky so far with my purchases at harbor freight but I have been very careful to make sure to only buy the simple things from them where the quality and reliability doesn't really make that much of a difference. (for example: screw driver sets, socket sets, jack stands, ect. I feel that it would be pretty hard to screw up those types of items.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #63
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
most hilarious article i've read in a while:
http://jalopnik.com/5959822/i-love-y...e-plastic-hell
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #64
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Pretty good shit, thanks for posting!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #65
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That was funny as crap. Thanks for sharing!

Personally, I love Harbor Freight. I wouldn't trust a lot of their things, but the stuff I do own that came from there (except my socket set) have been pretty good. I can't afford to pay for Craftsman or Snap-On, so Harbor Freight is my place of choice for tools. When I go there, I'm a damn kid in a candy shop!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #66
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
I love HF too! Small doodads and jacks jack stands are win! Their pittsburgh pro tools looking good now. And dont even mention the free and 20% off coupons
Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #67
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
I love HF too! Small doodads and jacks jack stands are win! Their pittsburgh pro tools looking good now. And dont even mention the free and 20% off coupons
I dont think I ever buy anything from there without one of the 20% off coupons. If I have mulitpule items then I will have multiplue transactions to use all the coupons!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #68
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks!

Quote:
But if you're only going to use your drill press in anger, say, twice a year, the cost-benefit works out
Nailed it
Old 12-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #69
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Revived because it is so funny and true! I have a set of Pitsburgh wrenches and sockets in the truck. There 3" LED flashlights are awesome. If only I could find a way to mount 325 of them on my grill!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #70
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up the executive safe just before Christmas. The thing seems really heavy duty for the price. I got it for $240 plus I picked up the 2 year warranty just in case. after installing it into my closet yesterday I have no worries that the standard house burglar isn't walking off with any of my valuables. I will try and post a pic later.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #71
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Personally HF has been good to me. Sure I've bought a few thing that are crap but all in all everything has been pretty solid. You may need to upgrade the sandpaper or saw blades to better quality ones. I do a lot of my tool shopping there (I'm a broke college student)My parents bought me a mig welder for Christmas, by no mean do I expect it to perform like the name brand ones, but it was a gift and I figure a great way to learn how to weld and when funds allow and I get some experience ill buy a better one.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #72
Chuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: ICE - San Diego Field Office
Chuy's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought their 20-ton A-frame press. Used the 20% off coupon .

It did it's job in pressing wheel bearing into the bearing assembly. However, I could not press them out of the wheel hub because the rails are welded together and too narrow to accommodate the 6.5 inch hubs. I'm either going to have to cut the V-bracket that holds the rails together, or go find some scrap rails to replace them. However, I am pleased with the quality thus far. No leaks and it looks pretty sturdy.

Here is the link to the December 20% off coupon. Good for a few more days, then the January one will pop up. Use the # below the bar code if ordering online. http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-c...pons&hftref=cj

Attached Thumbnails
Harbor Freight Reviews-dscn0013.jpg   Harbor Freight Reviews-press-hf.jpg   Harbor Freight Reviews-coupon.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #74
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa2fl View Post
Has anyone bought the 3"x30' snap strap from there? $34.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Dont even consider that strap for off road trails and vehicle recoveries. If you need it for something like pulling a disabled vehicle down the road the a service shop or garage then it will be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
x2 on a review for that its a 3x30 27k pound snatch strap, not sure exactly how it can be terrible, its not like its a complicated thing.
I have three of those straps...
never had issue with them.
one of them is now 5 years old... been used plenty.
Even the well used one I have... Still looks good after years of use.
IMO they are durable and well worth their cost.

Considering all straps are a consumable item...
and mine have survived tons of abuse...
I can't see where one can go wrong with this purchase.

Just be sure it's the strap with the loop ends...
and not the hook end.
^ the later is bad news

Now that "security bit set" on the first post...
well that's a pos deal and they break easily.
Cheap it was... but not worth a penny spent.

Products Discussed in this Thread